Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > re: re:dual layer DVD burning in pro X64

re: re:dual layer DVD burning in pro X64

Yes it's a DL burner the plextor PX-716al. Nero's web site says it does.
I ended up trying CloneDVD 2 and it worked with that.

chuck

>I have tryed to burn a dual layer DVD in lastest nero and easy dvd burner
>but all i get is errors I can
> burn a regular dvd iso but not a dual layer dvd iso in xp pro x64.
>

>Your DVD burner has to be a dual-layer burner. If it is a single layer
>burner, it *cannot* burn dual layer DVD's no matter what software you use.
>
>Bobby

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Glad its finally working now.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes it's a DL burner the plextor PX-716al. Nero's web site says it does.
> I ended up trying CloneDVD 2 and it worked with that.
>
> chuck
>
>>I have tryed to burn a dual layer DVD in lastest nero and easy dvd burner
>>but all i get is errors I can
>> burn a regular dvd iso but not a dual layer dvd iso in xp pro x64.
>>

>>Your DVD burner has to be a dual-layer burner. If it is a single layer
>>burner, it *cannot* burn dual layer DVD's no matter what software you use.
>>
>>Bobby

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I would highly recommend not to use Nero 7 until a major update is released
correcting its present bugs.
If you google around you will see that there are problems with:
1.- ISO images rendered unusable once recorded on media
2.- Audio skips on the first 30 seconds of the first track (mp3 to Audio CD
recording).
Stick with Nero 6.6 which works flawlessly.
Carlos