Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > replacement cd

replacement cd

=?Utf-8?B?Y2Fub25hc2U=?=

I purchased windows xp pro x64 edition. Thrilled to install it. A small child
played frisbee with it before I had a chance to load it. I am now running the
trial version. Is there something I can do, perhaps send this one in and have
and exchange cd with the same product key? I dont think at this time I could
afford to just buy a new one. Thanks in advance.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Since it is OEM, check with the seller.

If it is generic OEM, there is a slight chance Microsoft may be able to
replace it:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246
But since it is OEM, don't count on it.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"canonase" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I purchased windows xp pro x64 edition. Thrilled to install it. A small
>child
> played frisbee with it before I had a chance to load it. I am now running
> the
> trial version. Is there something I can do, perhaps send this one in and
> have
> and exchange cd with the same product key? I dont think at this time I
> could
> afford to just buy a new one. Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2Fub25hc2U=?=

would you please describe the difference. thank you.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Since it is OEM, check with the seller.
>
> If it is generic OEM, there is a slight chance Microsoft may be able to
> replace it:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246
> But since it is OEM, don't count on it.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "canonase" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I purchased windows xp pro x64 edition. Thrilled to install it. A small
> >child
> > played frisbee with it before I had a chance to load it. I am now running
> > the
> > trial version. Is there something I can do, perhaps send this one in and
> > have
> > and exchange cd with the same product key? I dont think at this time I
> > could
> > afford to just buy a new one. Thanks in advance.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

There are two types of OEM Media, the XP that comes with name brand
computers such as Dell, HP, Gateway and others. The next generic OEM Media
would be what you buy from online stores with qualifying hardware such as
Directron or New Egg.

The name brand computers OEM Media can only be installed on the computer its
distributed with.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com