Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > File and Settings Transfer Wizard

File and Settings Transfer Wizard

=?Utf-8?B?bWlraWp1cQ==?=

Any comments on using the File and Settings Transfer Wizard in winxp pro
64bit old unit is win xp pro?
I guess I'm a little paranoid since everything is running A1 after several
BSOD out of the box.
I'll welcome any advice

Thanks a bunch in advance!!

--
The first sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting different results

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

If you are transferring from 32 bit XP, you need the 64 bit version:
You cannot transfer files and settings from a computer that is running a
32-bit edition of Windows XP to a computer that is running Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896344

Thanks Charlie
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"mikijuq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any comments on using the File and Settings Transfer Wizard in winxp pro
> 64bit old unit is win xp pro?
> I guess I'm a little paranoid since everything is running A1 after several
> BSOD out of the box.
> I'll welcome any advice
>
> Thanks a bunch in advance!!
>
> --
> The first sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and
> expecting different results

Charlie Russel - MVP

http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../02/65120.aspx

--