Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DVD Burning Software

DVD Burning Software

John Barnes

Great. Does it have the equivalent of Drag-to-Disk. Their website doesn't
say anything about packet writing software. Mine is scheduled to arrive
Friday.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Replying to myself..... Roxio 8 works fine!
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nero 7 both Premium and Ultra seem to work fine... but InCD is
>> automatically disabled as an application to be installed on both
>> versions.
>>
>> Trying Roxio 8 when I can find the time to install it!
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Including INCD? Prior versions have worked for all other functions.
>>> FYI: When I installed Nero to test the last 6 version and then
>>> uninstalled it, it disabled my CD and DVD drives. It left behind a
>>> number of registry entries that I had to remove manually to restore the
>>> functions to my drives. I have found 4 programs so far that installed
>>> to completion but when I tried to remove them they failed to uninstall
>>> properly.
>>>

>>> "errez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most people
seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing by for
the flames!)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Great. Does it have the equivalent of Drag-to-Disk. Their website
> doesn't say anything about packet writing software. Mine is scheduled to
> arrive Friday.

Colin Barnhorst

Actually, I'm with you about Roxio too.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
> copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most
> people seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing
> by for the flames!)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging

> news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Great. Does it have the equivalent of Drag-to-Disk. Their website
>> doesn't say anything about packet writing software. Mine is scheduled to
>> arrive Friday.

Rick

Can you make a bootable CD or DVD in Roxio 8? I dumped Roxio when the
last version only had the floppy emulation for bootable CDs. I was
unable to make a bootable CD after slipstreaming SP2.

If Roxio has put back all the boot options, I would return to it.

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
> copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most people
> seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing by for
> the flames!)

John Barnes

Roxio has made a bootable CD for several versions from a bootable image on
your hard drive.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you make a bootable CD or DVD in Roxio 8? I dumped Roxio when the
> last version only had the floppy emulation for bootable CDs. I was unable
> to make a bootable CD after slipstreaming SP2.
>
> If Roxio has put back all the boot options, I would return to it.
>

> Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
>> Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
>> copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most
>> people seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing
>> by for the flames!)

Charlie Russel - MVP

Heck, no flames here, I always liked it. But now that Sonic owns them, I've
been holding back doing the upgrade. I don't like Sonic at all. OTOH,
version 8 does direct TiVo to DVD, so I may have to just go for it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
> copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most
> people seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing
> by for the flames!)

> news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Great. Does it have the equivalent of Drag-to-Disk. Their website
>> doesn't say anything about packet writing software. Mine is scheduled to
>> arrive Friday.

Rick

But, you didn't have the option to 'build' a bootable CD with no
emulation, which you need for a bootable XP CD.

I even called Roxio and was told the option for a "no emulation" boot CD
was removed because there "wasn't a demand" for it.

The only option for building a boot CD was with "floppy emulation."

I returned my software and received a refund.

John Barnes wrote:
> Roxio has made a bootable CD for several versions from a bootable image on
> your hard drive.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Can you make a bootable CD or DVD in Roxio 8? I dumped Roxio when the
>>last version only had the floppy emulation for bootable CDs. I was unable
>>to make a bootable CD after slipstreaming SP2.
>>
>>If Roxio has put back all the boot options, I would return to it.
>>

>>Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, and it seems to install fine, although I've only used the basic DVD
>>>copying, burning from images and VideoWave so far. Despite what most
>>>people seem to say, I really do prefer Roxio over Nero (yes, I'm standing
>>>by for the flames!)

John Barnes

floppy emulation is no longer the only option at least Easy Media 7 and
later. Don't have earlier versions any longer.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> But, you didn't have the option to 'build' a bootable CD with no
> emulation, which you need for a bootable XP CD.
>
> I even called Roxio and was told the option for a "no emulation" boot CD
> was removed because there "wasn't a demand" for it.
>
> The only option for building a boot CD was with "floppy emulation."
>

> I returned my software and received a refund.
>

> John Barnes wrote:
>> Roxio has made a bootable CD for several versions from a bootable image
>> on your hard drive.
>>

>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Can you make a bootable CD or DVD in Roxio 8? I dumped Roxio when the
>>>last version only had the floppy emulation for bootable CDs. I was
>>>unable to make a bootable CD after slipstreaming SP2.
>>>
>>>If Roxio has put back all the boot options, I would return to it.

=?Utf-8?B?YW0xcDl0aHo=?=

PROBLEMS WITH BOTH ROXIO V.8 and NERO 7.0 : both programs just do not
reconize my Plextor PX-740A under Windows XPx64! Actually, after the
installation, Roxio reconizes the drive and is able to work properly BUT
after the first reboot, if I login with root permissions, a message appears
saying that the CD drives are unproperly registred and that a correction in
the registry was made to correct the problem to prevent programs not to
recognize the drives (I have no choice, it is just a notification). After the
next reboot, Roxio 8 does not see any CD/DVD burner installed anymore... With
Nero 7 (released tooday) it does not work at all (I have no drive
recognized). I have the lastest version of Plextool Pro installed and I can
burn a CD under the administrator account only (but I cannot burn an image
file!). Of course under WinXP 32 bits everything is fine.
Can I correct the registry? How?
Thanks in advance.
Alain.

"Manuel Lopez" wrote:

> The new version of Roxio (v. supports x64 completely, including
> packet-writing.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Both the latest versions of Roxio Easy Media Creator and Nero create
> > DVD's. Neither of their packet writing programs work in x64
> >
> > "SmirkingRevenge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Anyone found DVD Burning Software that runs on 64 bit?

Rick

Easy Media 7 is the one I returned for a refund because the 1st version
released, which I upgraded to, only had the floppy option. When I
contacted Roxio, including Tech support, I was blatantly told the other
options, such as no emulation, were left out intentionally and there was
no plan to put the options back in.

I have no idea what was done with Easy Media 7 after that. As I said
before, I immediately returned my upgrade for a refund and switched to Nero.