Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Spell check

Spell check

don

I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for the
lack of spell check in outlook?

Thanks,
don

Wayne Wastier

don wrote:
> I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for
> the lack of spell check in outlook?
>
> Thanks,
> don

Are you dual booting XP SP2 and XP x64? If so, there is a way, though it is
not supported by MSFT. I found it to work fine though. Copy the XP SP2 OE
directory to your Program Files (x86) directory, with one small change.
Create a subdirectory say, x:\Program Files(x86)\OE 32\ and copy the files
from the XP SP2 OE directory there. Then, place a shortcut on your desktop
to the file msimn.exe from the OE 32 bit directory. Then run that one when
you need to use a spell checker. )

--
Wayne Wastier
Z-80 - AMD-64

Wayne Wastier

Wayne Wastier wrote:
> don wrote:
>> I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for
>> the lack of spell check in outlook?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> don

> Are you dual booting XP SP2 and XP x64? If so, there is a way, though
> it is not supported by MSFT. I found it to work fine though. Copy
> the XP SP2 OE directory to your Program Files (x86) directory, with
> one small change. Create a subdirectory say, x:\Program Files(x86)\OE
> 32\ and copy the files from the XP SP2 OE directory there. Then,
> place a shortcut on your desktop to the file msimn.exe from the OE 32
> bit directory. Then run that one when you need to use a spell
> checker. )

And of course, you need an Office component installed, such as Office XP
Word, or XP Publisher.

--
Wayne Wastier
Z-80 - AMD-64

don

Thanks for the info, however, I am no longer dual-booting, and as for
office, I am using
Star Office by Sun. I was hoping that there would be some from of add-on or
third party
software available now.
until then, I will continue to compose my e-mail in Star. not as direct,
but at least it works.
Thanks,
Don

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wayne Wastier wrote:
>> don wrote:
>>> I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for
>>> the lack of spell check in outlook?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> don

>> Are you dual booting XP SP2 and XP x64? If so, there is a way, though
>> it is not supported by MSFT. I found it to work fine though. Copy
>> the XP SP2 OE directory to your Program Files (x86) directory, with
>> one small change. Create a subdirectory say, x:\Program Files(x86)\OE
>> 32\ and copy the files from the XP SP2 OE directory there. Then,
>> place a shortcut on your desktop to the file msimn.exe from the OE 32
>> bit directory. Then run that one when you need to use a spell
>> checker. )

> And of course, you need an Office component installed, such as Office XP
> Word, or XP Publisher.
>
> --
> Wayne Wastier
> Z-80 - AMD-64
> HwayneW

David R. Norton MVP

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for the
> lack of spell check in outlook?

I haven't checked myself because I don't use either Outlook or Outlook
Express but there are several add on spell checkers available, I wonder if
anyone has found one that works on X64? Anyone??

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Use Thunderbird as someone suggested.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for the
> lack of spell check in outlook?
>
> Thanks,
> don

Bruce Chambers

don wrote:
> I haven't been on the ng for a while, has there been a solution for the
> lack of spell check in outlook?
>
> Thanks,
> don

There is no lack of a spell-checker in Outlook. What specific problem
are you having? At any rate, you'd have better luck seeking a solution
in a newsgroup dedicated to either Outlook or Office; this is a WinXPx64
news group.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Common word missing in Thunderbird Spell Check Jim Firefox 11 12-23-2004 01:06 PM
spell check Seamus J. Wilson Firefox 1 07-08-2004 10:09 PM
how to install the spell check? c0smic Firefox 6 10-14-2003 05:12 AM
Spell Check in Email? Axl Firefox 3 08-17-2003 10:45 PM
Spell Check for 1.5a link himm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-08-2003 02:21 AM

Advertisments