Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Performance Loss With Multi-Processor or HT

Performance Loss With Multi-Processor or HT

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=

I use both x64 and x86 OS. Furthermore I have the Following:

P4 840 Dual Core
P4 Dual Core Extreme Edition
P4 3.73 Extreme Edition

My question involves KB896256. It provides numerous solutions on this issue
however it does not include XP 64.

Is there an article that references this for x64? Any proceedures would be
appreciated.

One more thing I am writing this in x64 because it replicates on all my os's

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Well, that article was just released yesterday. I am sure Microsoft would do
the thorough testing on both platforms to make sure of that. So the answer
would be no, Windows XP x64 would not be affected by this, it would be one
of the listed editions of the operating systems at the bottom of the page.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use both x64 and x86 OS. Furthermore I have the Following:
>
> P4 840 Dual Core
> P4 Dual Core Extreme Edition
> P4 3.73 Extreme Edition
>
> My question involves KB896256. It provides numerous solutions on this
> issue
> however it does not include XP 64.
>
> Is there an article that references this for x64? Any proceedures would
> be
> appreciated.
>
> One more thing I am writing this in x64 because it replicates on all my
> os's

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=

The voltage irregularity occurs on x64 no different than x86. Furthermore,
"performance loss" is an interesting way to describe random freeze and/or
BSOD due to voltage irregularity! Your benchmarks will score higher since
you were able to complete them!

Turning off bios settings such as C1,C2,SpeedStep and anything that allows
unmanaged reduction in power seems to be the quick fix. The article is a
workaround if your main concern is power management over performance(?).

I wasnt really looking for a solution i suppose and was looking for how many
people noticed the "performace loss". At default clock speeds the
irregularity is still under critical shutdown and you are left with mostly
response delays from user intervention such as common mouse-clicks hanging
for moments and then continuing.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Well, that article was just released yesterday. I am sure Microsoft would do
> the thorough testing on both platforms to make sure of that. So the answer
> would be no, Windows XP x64 would not be affected by this, it would be one
> of the listed editions of the operating systems at the bottom of the page.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I use both x64 and x86 OS. Furthermore I have the Following:
> >
> > P4 840 Dual Core
> > P4 Dual Core Extreme Edition
> > P4 3.73 Extreme Edition
> >
> > My question involves KB896256. It provides numerous solutions on this
> > issue
> > however it does not include XP 64.
> >
> > Is there an article that references this for x64? Any proceedures would
> > be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > One more thing I am writing this in x64 because it replicates on all my
> > os's

Performance Tutorials Services - Boosting Performance by DisablingUnnecessary Services on Windows XP Home Edition Software Engineer Javascript 0 06-10-2011 02:18 AM
wireless connection and packet loss problem Mike S Wireless Networking 0 09-18-2004 08:54 PM
Re: connection loss every 5 minutes francis.gerard Wireless Networking 0 07-27-2004 06:22 PM
WEP Key loss Davo Wireless Networking 0 07-22-2004 11:39 PM
Web Form Performance Versus Single File Performance jm ASP .Net 1 12-12-2003 11:14 PM

Advertisments