Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Problem with GPO and OU

Problem with GPO and OU

Hy

Hy

I have problem with GPO and OU. I created OU and named
OU1. Then I create user1 and put in OU1. And specialy for
that OU I made new GPO and made some changes in that GPO.
I removed Run... and Help from Start menu.

But if I logon with user1 (only member of Domain Users),
there is still Run... and Help in Start menu.
If I made user1 member of Domain Admins group all work
properly. If I logon with that user ther are no more
Run... and Help in Start menu.

user1 is romaining user. If user is only member Doman
Users group, I cant logon over network. If I just put
user1 to o Domain Admin group, user can log on over
network (and work properly, ther arn no more Run... and
Help in Start menu).

So my problem is that user1 (or any other user) must be
member of Domain Admins group to work properly (to work so
like GPO is setup).
But I cant put every user to Domain Admins group! User
must be only in Domain Users group...

And I tried to put Administrator user to some other
container. GPO for Domain, Domain Controllers and OU1 are
diffrent. I put Administrator user to each container
(Users, Domain Controllers, OU1), and all work properly.
But if I do so with user1 (member of Domain Users only)
dont work properly...

Actualy I worked for 2 days and that is all what I found
out. I now that I must made somethig so, that will apply
GPO not only for Domain Admins group but for Domain Users
group too. But where is that?!?!

And I made excercises for GPO from book (MS Press, 70-
215), and dont work properly...

Please, can anyon help my? Can tell me, what to check,
where to made some changes? What is most likely mistake in
setup for that behaviour?

By

BTW, I can made some print screen pics and put them on FTP
if that helps...

GPO to push Wireless Settings to Clients - PEAP-MSCHAPv2 and Auto =?Utf-8?B?Um9hZHlSdW5uZXI=?= Wireless Networking 0 01-30-2007 04:02 PM
GPO and adding printer on W2K workstation Hugo MCSE 0 10-28-2004 02:51 PM
GPO's and the like New_cb MCSE 10 08-20-2004 12:10 AM
AD replication and GPO? Rich MCSE 2 08-02-2004 08:05 PM
Re: Startup and Recovery GPO Michael Patten MCSE 1 06-23-2004 12:28 AM

Advertisments