Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > hal.dll

hal.dll

wes40oz

this may have been answered but what is the cause of this file to go missing
?

--
Wes Newman
Seismic Data Processor / IT Manager

John Barnes

You will need to provide some specific information for any educated
running, but this problem suddenly starts, have you installed something else
in between, etc.

"wes40oz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> this may have been answered but what is the cause of this file to go
> missing ?
>
> --
> Wes Newman
> Seismic Data Processor / IT Manager
> Kelman Technologies
> Denver, CO

wes40oz

after the system has been installed

I haven't had the error for a while now (after about 6 reinstalls of both
windows, 32 and 64) it just randomly comes up
sometimes when it does it would go to the recovery console and copy it back
but it doesn't always fix it
I was wondering what may be the cause, and also what files are also
associated with this file, as dll files usually are dependant on other dll
files etc. also, they weird part, hence my last question, sometimes hal.dll
is actually there.
if it is I generally have to install that specific windows installation (it
happens to either 32 or 64 editions, but not at the same time)

another note, I know this is win64 news group, but had an error in the
control panel of 32bit pro, go into system > device manager and it says file
not found, I can get to it using the management program which we all know
how to get into.
but this started to happen right after I installed sp2, probably just needs
to be reinstalled, not a big problem but a little annoying. if you know the
cause of this one of a reg value I could change to fix it that would be
cool, could just be the file is actually missing...

wes
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You will need to provide some specific information for any educated
> running, but this problem suddenly starts, have you installed something
> else in between, etc.
>

> "wes40oz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> this may have been answered but what is the cause of this file to go
>> missing ?
>>
>> --
>> Wes Newman
>> Seismic Data Processor / IT Manager
>> Kelman Technologies
>> Denver, CO

wes40oz

also running chkdsk /r doesnt fix the problem, probably doesn't hurt
though...

wes