Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Something to keep eddie amused

Something to keep eddie amused

kpg

Ken Briscoe

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

I clicked about 10 times, and no "Get thee to a nunnery!". I'm disappointed.
Such a good insult.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

kpg

"Get thee to a nunnery!" is not a insult, is it?

Hamlet was offering his girl some solid advice.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

> I clicked about 10 times, and no "Get thee to a nunnery!". I'm

disappointed.
> Such a good insult.
>
> --
>
> KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

Ken Briscoe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Get thee to a nunnery!" is not a insult, is it?

Interpretation is the key...the way I took it was as advice, but he couldn't
resist the opportunity to insult. He was calling her a whore, while at the
same time offering his advice to her.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

kpg

Ah, yes. The context must be consdered.

I defer.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Get thee to a nunnery!" is not a insult, is it?

> Interpretation is the key...the way I took it was as advice, but he

couldn't
> resist the opportunity to insult. He was calling her a whore, while at the
> same time offering his advice to her.
>
> --
>
> KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

eddierox

YEAH THANKS, BUT THAT'S OLD NEWS.
THAT DIDN'T EVEN FLY AMONGST THE TORMENTED.
SURELY YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT ESPECIALLY WITH ALL
THAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH.

C'MON GET SOME TOILET PAPER...
....WELL YOU KNOW THE REST...

***YAWN***

Is there a Klingon version!

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:03:27 -0500, "kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3