Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > UPS worldship software won't install with x64 pro - HELP!

UPS worldship software won't install with x64 pro - HELP!

=?Utf-8?B?a2Vubnk=?=

I purchased a new computer with x64 pro to replace an old Dell for my office.
I tried to install UPS worldship software (newest version 7.0) but an error
box came up and said that the OS is not supported. Anybody have any ideas on
possible workarounds to get the software to install?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Have you contacted UPS about any possible updates?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I purchased a new computer with x64 pro to replace an old Dell for my
>office.
> I tried to install UPS worldship software (newest version 7.0) but an
> error
> box came up and said that the OS is not supported. Anybody have any ideas
> on
> possible workarounds to get the software to install?

=?Utf-8?B?a2Vubnk=?=

I looked at the release notes for all the updates and patches, but nothing
in there about compatibility with x64. I will email their tech support and
ask if there are any updates planned for x64. Don't think I can handle
calling UPS tech support right now...call, hold, transfer, hold, transfer,
dial tone.
I was reading the UPS worldship software requirements...it needs Microsoft
Data Access Components (MDAC) v2.5 or higher and Microsoft Jet Engine v4.0
w/SP6 or later. Are 64-bit MDAC and Jet drivers available yet? Or would the
32-bit versions included with the UPS software work with x64 if I was somehow
able to bypass the Operating System check?

Thanks!

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Have you contacted UPS about any possible updates?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I purchased a new computer with x64 pro to replace an old Dell for my
> >office.
> > I tried to install UPS worldship software (newest version 7.0) but an
> > error
> > box came up and said that the OS is not supported. Anybody have any ideas
> > on
> > possible workarounds to get the software to install?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

"I was reading the UPS worldship software requirements...it needs Microsoft
Data Access Components (MDAC) v2.5 or higher and Microsoft Jet Engine v4.0
w/SP6 or later. Are 64-bit MDAC and Jet drivers available yet? Or would
the
32-bit versions included with the UPS software work with x64 if I was
somehow
able to bypass the Operating System check?"

No, MDAC 64-bit is not available, I just checked the Microsoft download
site, and I believe the 32-bit version will not work either. Your best
option right now would be to get in touch with UPS Support.