Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > graphics card memory low

graphics card memory low

=?Utf-8?B?YmFzdnJvb25sYW5k?=

Hi

I just installed x64 and suddenly my Nvidia card is 64mb instead of the 265
it used to be... my screen resolution is down as well.

what do I need to do to make it work?

thanks

Mark Dormer

Have you installed the latest drivers for the card?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_78.01.html

Regards
Mark Dormer

"basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I just installed x64 and suddenly my Nvidia card is 64mb instead of the
> 265
> it used to be... my screen resolution is down as well.
>
> what do I need to do to make it work?
>
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?YmFzdnJvb25sYW5k?=

thanks but it returns an error message saying I don' t have the right
hardware for this. I have a GeForce 6200 (256mb) card..

...slowly I am beginning to think this x64 is not cut out for me ..

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> Have you installed the latest drivers for the card?
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_78.01.html
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>
> "basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I just installed x64 and suddenly my Nvidia card is 64mb instead of the
> > 265
> > it used to be... my screen resolution is down as well.
> >
> > what do I need to do to make it work?
> >
> > thanks

John Barnes

Doesn't look like it is. Maybe you can try back in a few years. I see that
the 6500 is the oldest that nVidia supports in x64 so far.

"basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks but it returns an error message saying I don' t have the right
> hardware for this. I have a GeForce 6200 (256mb) card..
>
> ..slowly I am beginning to think this x64 is not cut out for me ..
>
> "Mark Dormer" wrote:
>
>> Have you installed the latest drivers for the card?
>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_78.01.html
>>
>> Regards
>> Mark Dormer
>>
>> "basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I just installed x64 and suddenly my Nvidia card is 64mb instead of the
>> > 265
>> > it used to be... my screen resolution is down as well.
>> >
>> > what do I need to do to make it work?
>> >
>> > thanks

Rick

I believe the GeForce 6200 is supported in the current drivers. The
card was only put out about 1 year ago.

Since he gets a hardware error, he may have the wrong drivers. Did he
get the ones for Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition & Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition? If he downloaded the 32-bit drivers, he would
get the hardware error.

John Barnes wrote:
> Doesn't look like it is. Maybe you can try back in a few years. I see that
> the 6500 is the oldest that nVidia supports in x64 so far.
>
> "basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>thanks but it returns an error message saying I don' t have the right
>>hardware for this. I have a GeForce 6200 (256mb) card..
>>
>>..slowly I am beginning to think this x64 is not cut out for me ..
>>
>>"Mark Dormer" wrote:
>>

>>>Have you installed the latest drivers for the card?
>>>http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_78.01.html
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Mark Dormer
>>>
>>>"basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rick

The GeForce 6200 is in fact supported. Go to the following Web page:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/78.01_w...supported.html

John Barnes wrote:
> Doesn't look like it is. Maybe you can try back in a few years. I see that
> the 6500 is the oldest that nVidia supports in x64 so far.
>
> "basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>thanks but it returns an error message saying I don' t have the right
>>hardware for this. I have a GeForce 6200 (256mb) card..
>>
>>..slowly I am beginning to think this x64 is not cut out for me ..
>>
>>"Mark Dormer" wrote:
>>

>>>Have you installed the latest drivers for the card?
>>>http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_78.01.html
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Mark Dormer
>>>
>>>"basvroonland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

DKI

Is your 6200 a PCIE or AGP,

If it is a PCIE card is it a card with nvidias turbocache feature or not.