Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Printer Driver...

Printer Driver...

=?Utf-8?B?Q2xheXRvbg==?=

Hello,

Apologies if this question has already been asked.

I have a Lexmark X1180 printer and when I attempt to install the XP driver
(had to have a go!), I receive the following error message:

"The Image file
C:\Lxk1100\drivers\WIN_XP2K\ENGLISH\Setup.exe is valid, but is for a machine
type other than the current machine"

I emailed Lexmark and received the following reply regarding drivers for
XP-64:

"Regarding the error message you are receiving:
Unfortunately the X1180 does not have a 64bit driver and there are no plans
on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that printer."

Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?

Clayton

Wayne Wastier

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Hello,
>
> Apologies if this question has already been asked.
>
> I have a Lexmark X1180 printer and when I attempt to install the XP
> driver (had to have a go!), I receive the following error message:
>
> "The Image file
> C:\Lxk1100\drivers\WIN_XP2K\ENGLISH\Setup.exe is valid, but is for a
> machine type other than the current machine"
>
> I emailed Lexmark and received the following reply regarding drivers
> for XP-64:
>
> "Regarding the error message you are receiving:
> Unfortunately the X1180 does not have a 64bit driver and there are no
> plans on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that
> printer."
>
> Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?
>
> Clayton

Clayton, that is about the size of it. Lexmark has no intentions of making
64 bit drivers for any of its printers, as far as I know. HP on the other
hand, is working on them.

--

-------------------------------------
Wayne Wastier

Juergen Kluth

HI,on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that printer."

> Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?

Check out the printers manual and have a look for compatibility mades (for
example epson / PCL or any else)
for a found compatibility figure out a printer which is supported by xp64
install that printerdriver
u may not have all your features, but u should be able to print
regards

John Barnes

Lexmark has lots of printers covered in x64. I have 3 Lexmark printers
between 3-6 years old and all worked out of the box.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> Hello,
>>
>> Apologies if this question has already been asked.
>>
>> I have a Lexmark X1180 printer and when I attempt to install the XP
>> driver (had to have a go!), I receive the following error message:
>>
>> "The Image file
>> C:\Lxk1100\drivers\WIN_XP2K\ENGLISH\Setup.exe is valid, but is for a
>> machine type other than the current machine"
>>
>> I emailed Lexmark and received the following reply regarding drivers
>> for XP-64:
>>
>> "Regarding the error message you are receiving:
>> Unfortunately the X1180 does not have a 64bit driver and there are no
>> plans on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that
>> printer."
>>
>> Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?
>>
>> Clayton

> Clayton, that is about the size of it. Lexmark has no intentions of making
> 64 bit drivers for any of its printers, as far as I know. HP on the other
> hand, is working on them.
>
> --
>
> -------------------------------------
> Wayne Wastier
> Z-80 - AMD 64 3200+

John Barnes

Doesn't look as if Lexmark has any multi-function drivers available that I
can find. There are lots of printer drivers for Lexmark, look in
ntprint.inf and see if you can find something similar. Or you can just try
to install the Z52, which I believe has a similar print quality. As to the
other functions, you are going to be out of luck. HP, Brother and Epson are
supporting x64 pretty well with current printers

Also be aware that having the drivers only goes so far. If the software
that they provide won't install or work, you are going to have to find
alternate ways of getting your scans to be functional.

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Apologies if this question has already been asked.
>
> I have a Lexmark X1180 printer and when I attempt to install the XP driver
> (had to have a go!), I receive the following error message:
>
> "The Image file
> C:\Lxk1100\drivers\WIN_XP2K\ENGLISH\Setup.exe is valid, but is for a
> machine
> type other than the current machine"
>
> I emailed Lexmark and received the following reply regarding drivers for
> XP-64:
>
> "Regarding the error message you are receiving:
> Unfortunately the X1180 does not have a 64bit driver and there are no
> plans
> on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that printer."
>
> Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?
>
> Clayton

Tony Sperling

And, of course, like so many here you could dual-boot with something that
does support the full feature-set of your printer.

Tony. . .

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Apologies if this question has already been asked.
>
> I have a Lexmark X1180 printer and when I attempt to install the XP driver
> (had to have a go!), I receive the following error message:
>
> "The Image file
> C:\Lxk1100\drivers\WIN_XP2K\ENGLISH\Setup.exe is valid, but is for a
> machine
> type other than the current machine"
>
> I emailed Lexmark and received the following reply regarding drivers for
> XP-64:
>
> "Regarding the error message you are receiving:
> Unfortunately the X1180 does not have a 64bit driver and there are no
> plans
> on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that printer."
>
> Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?
>
> Clayton

Wayne Wastier

news:%(E-Mail Removed)
> Lexmark has lots of printers covered in x64. I have 3 Lexmark
> printers between 3-6 years old and all worked out of the box.

Thank you John for clearing that up. However, I just purchase a Lexmark 3350
and no x64 drivers. It is an all in one solution. I wrote Lexmark, and they
told me that they had no plans on writing 64 bit drivers for it.

--

-------------------------------------
Wayne Wastier

John Barnes

They do seem to be lacking in multi function drivers.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u%(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)
>> Lexmark has lots of printers covered in x64. I have 3 Lexmark
>> printers between 3-6 years old and all worked out of the box.
>>

> Thank you John for clearing that up. However, I just purchase a Lexmark
> 3350 and no x64 drivers. It is an all in one solution. I wrote Lexmark,
> and they told me that they had no plans on writing 64 bit drivers for it.
>

> --
>
> -------------------------------------
> Wayne Wastier
> Z-80 - AMD 64 3200+

John Barnes

( but true. Not real convenient. I hope Vista 64 has better support,
but that will depend on demand for 64 bit operating systems. I can see 64
bit computers with 32 bit operating systems for years to come.
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> And, of course, like so many here you could dual-boot with something that
> does support the full feature-set of your printer.
>
> Tony. . .
>

> "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> Apologies if this question has already been asked.
>>
>> I have a Lexmark X1180 printer and when I attempt to install the XP
>> driver
>> (had to have a go!), I receive the following error message:
>>
>> "The Image file
>> C:\Lxk1100\drivers\WIN_XP2K\ENGLISH\Setup.exe is valid, but is for a
>> machine
>> type other than the current machine"
>>
>> I emailed Lexmark and received the following reply regarding drivers for
>> XP-64:
>>
>> "Regarding the error message you are receiving:
>> Unfortunately the X1180 does not have a 64bit driver and there are no
>> plans
>> on making drivers for the 64bit Operative System for that printer."
>>
>> Does this mean that I can never use this printer for XP-64 ?
>>
>> Clayton

Tony Sperling

No, not if that is your prime reason for dual-booting. If it already sits
there, however, it's not unlikely that most of the software you are using
already has a double on that other boot option, and with a little foresight
it doesn't have to be that bad. If you're in an office, though, that may be
completely different situation. I mean, I was lucky to have chosen my HP,
but I hated the Lex intensely, so even that was a deliberate decision, but
it did take a while just the same - I certainly didn't know I was going to
run a 64bit Window version, nor that it wouldn't support almost any printer
at the time. But I managed to absolve some usefull printing that way - I
would say that mostly it was just a whopping nuicance realizing there was a
problem. The problem itself, had sort of nature's reality about it.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...