Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Drivers ??

Drivers ??

=?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQ=?=

I have a Microsoft MN-710 Wireless USB Adapter, and I am a lil confused as to
why they dont have 64 bit drivers for there own hardware, I could be mistaken
if anyone knows where I can find the 64 bit drivers for this Microsoft
Hardware please enlighten me.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

It's a product that has been discontinued for over 2 years. It's highly
unlikely they will write drivers for it.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Microsoft MN-710 Wireless USB Adapter, and I am a lil confused as
> why they dont have 64 bit drivers for there own hardware, I could be
> mistaken
> if anyone knows where I can find the 64 bit drivers for this Microsoft
> Hardware please enlighten me.

PJB

Find out what the chipset is and search for the manufactures website and
maybe they have one.

--
Peter Banks
Wellington, NZ

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's a product that has been discontinued for over 2 years. It's highly
> unlikely they will write drivers for it.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a Microsoft MN-710 Wireless USB Adapter, and I am a lil confused as
>> why they dont have 64 bit drivers for there own hardware, I could be
>> mistaken
>> if anyone knows where I can find the 64 bit drivers for this Microsoft
>> Hardware please enlighten me.

John Barnes

USB products seem to have little support in x64 (modems, wireless devices,
etc) Microsoft has no drivers for any of their hardware that I am aware of
..

"Confused" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Microsoft MN-710 Wireless USB Adapter, and I am a lil confused as
> why they dont have 64 bit drivers for there own hardware, I could be
> mistaken
> if anyone knows where I can find the 64 bit drivers for this Microsoft
> Hardware please enlighten me.

PJB

That's not true, if you can find the chipset type and search for their
website they may have them. I have a USB wireless 54G plugged into my Win XP
Pro x64 and it works fine. I downloaded the drivers from the chipset website
not the device manufacturer.

eg Chipset type RT2500 http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

I have used the same method for G4 Apple Macs where only the PCMCIA airport
B card works. I have installed G PCI and USB cards this way.

--
Peter Banks
Wellington, NZ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...