Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Internet Explorer launching after startup

Internet Explorer launching after startup

Lynn Vu

Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently in
task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows with
all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process tab to
kill it. How do I stop this?

TIA
Lynn Vu

Charlie Russel - MVP

You've become infected with one version or another of spyware/malware.
Unfortunately, though, this is the 64bit newsgroup. The newsgroup you want
to post your question in (and where some really great people hang out to
help is: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...rity.homeusers

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Lynn Vu wrote:
> Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
> computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently in
> task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows with
> all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process tab to
> kill it. How do I stop this?
>
> TIA
> Lynn Vu

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You can also download the latest build of Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA
Build 615:

On the Scan Page, choose Scan Options > Full System Scan > check the boxes
below and click "Run Scan Now". If that does not help, restart in safe mode
and try the same method again.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Lynn Vu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
> computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently in
> task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows with
> all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process tab to
> kill it. How do I stop this?
>
> TIA
> Lynn Vu

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Or go to
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5
in order to download a free copy of the spyware removal tool Adaware.
Carlos

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> You can also download the latest build of Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA
> Build 615:
>
> On the Scan Page, choose Scan Options > Full System Scan > check the boxes
> below and click "Run Scan Now". If that does not help, restart in safe mode
> and try the same method again.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Lynn Vu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
> > computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently in
> > task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows with
> > all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process tab to
> > kill it. How do I stop this?
> >
> > TIA
> > Lynn Vu

Lynn Vu

Thanks for all suggestions. Actually I run the latest version of ad-aware
(version 6) a couple days ago but this did not fix my problem.

Thanks
LV

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or go to
> http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5
> in order to download a free copy of the spyware removal tool Adaware.
> Carlos
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> You can also download the latest build of Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA
>> Build 615:
>>
>> On the Scan Page, choose Scan Options > Full System Scan > check the
>> boxes
>> below and click "Run Scan Now". If that does not help, restart in safe
>> mode
>> and try the same method again.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Lynn Vu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
>> > computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently
>> > in
>> > task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows
>> > with
>> > all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process tab
>> > kill it. How do I stop this?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> > Lynn Vu

Lynn Vu

Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA won't work on my NT window. I got the
latest version of Lavasoft ad-aware version 6 and I scanned my NT a couple
days ago but this did not fix my problem

Thanks,
LV

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can also download the latest build of Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA
> Build 615:
>
> On the Scan Page, choose Scan Options > Full System Scan > check the boxes
> below and click "Run Scan Now". If that does not help, restart in safe
> mode and try the same method again.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Lynn Vu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
>> computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently
>> in task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows
>> with all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process
>> tab to kill it. How do I stop this?
>>
>> TIA
>> Lynn Vu

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Oh, you are not running XP, try one of these then:
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
Spy Sweeper - http://www.webroot.com
Ccleaner - http://www.ccleaner.com
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Lynn Vu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA won't work on my NT window. I got the
> latest version of Lavasoft ad-aware version 6 and I scanned my NT a couple
> days ago but this did not fix my problem
>
> Thanks,
> LV

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You can also download the latest build of Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 BETA
>> Build 615:
>>
>> On the Scan Page, choose Scan Options > Full System Scan > check the
>> boxes below and click "Run Scan Now". If that does not help, restart in
>> safe mode and try the same method again.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Lynn Vu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Something just got in to my computer lately. Every time I boot up my
>>> computer, Internet Explorer 6.0 starts automatically and stays silently
>>> in task manager. Then during the day it keeps sending out popup windows
>>> with all kind of advertisements. I have to go to task manager\process
>>> tab to kill it. How do I stop this?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Lynn Vu

Charlie Russel - MVP

You really need to go to the security.homeusers newsgroup, Lynn. There are
some great folks there who can help you get clean.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64