Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > directx 9.0?

directx 9.0?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFyayBTYW11cmFp?=

I'm having a graphics problem and it says "Everquest 2 has detected an
unrecoverale error and must shutdown - <verify>
c:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9ren derDevice.cppc.957)irectxerr.CD3DERR-not available.

I tried installing direct x but it says i'm not an administrator even though
i am ... well any suggestions please

Thank you

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Dark Samurai" <Dark http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a graphics problem and it says "Everquest 2 has detected an
> unrecoverale error and must shutdown - <verify>
> c:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9ren derDevice.cppc.957)irectxerr.CD3DERR-not
> available.
>
> I tried installing direct x but it says i'm not an administrator even
> though
> i am ... well any suggestions please

DirectX 9.0c is already installed as part of the base x64 OS. You cannot
install the 32-bit version.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Dark Samurai" <Dark (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a graphics problem and it says "Everquest 2 has detected an
> unrecoverale error and must shutdown - <verify>
> c:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9ren derDevice.cppc.957)irectxerr.CD3DERR-not
> available.
>
> I tried installing direct x but it says i'm not an administrator even
> though
> i am ... well any suggestions please
>
> Thank you

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Make sure you also have the latest drivers for your video and sound cards.
Run dxdiag and see if you get any errors with the tests. If you do, post
them here.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX Diagnostic
Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Dark Samurai" <Dark (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a graphics problem and it says "Everquest 2 has detected an
> unrecoverale error and must shutdown - <verify>
> c:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9ren derDevice.cppc.957)irectxerr.CD3DERR-not
> available.
>
> I tried installing direct x but it says i'm not an administrator even
> though
> i am ... well any suggestions please
>
> Thank you

Embeding Directx in aspx page? =?Utf-8?B?UGlja3dpY2tCb2Iz?= ASP .Net 1 12-01-2005 09:37 AM
How do I get to the directX stuff John Grant ASP .Net 1 08-10-2004 10:47 PM
directx with vb.net tanuki ASP .Net 5 06-25-2004 05:54 AM
Directx 9.0a Instalation in VS studio .NET 2003 Joao Santa Barbara ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 01:27 PM
DirectX install problem. -'-JesterDev-'- Computer Support 1 06-23-2003 09:27 PM

Advertisments