Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Digital Cameras and 64 Bit Processors

Digital Cameras and 64 Bit Processors

=?Utf-8?B?RWFzeWdvaW5nMjE=?=

Do digital cameras have to be 64-Bit specific to interface with Windows XP
Professional X64 Edition?

R. C. White

Hi, Easygoing.

No.

My Nikon Coolpix 3200 works fine with WinXP Pro x64 - and with the Vista
betas, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

But maybe I'm not understanding your question. What do you mean by
"interface with"? All I'm doing is transferring pictures from my camera to
my desktop computer using the USB cable. Or, more often, by removing the SD
card from the camera and putting it into my SanDisk USB card reader. If you
have an exotic camera, or if you want to do more complex "interfacing", then
my answer might not fit your question. In that case, remember the ground
rules: Microsoft writes Windows; hardware makers write the drivers that
enable their products to work with Windows. In other words, ask the maker
of your camera if it works with WinXP x64.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX