Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Using windows media player

Using windows media player

carlos

A machine check error has ocurred,please check the system eventlog for
additional information.

How can I correct this this problem ?

Thanks in advance....

Carlos

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Typically machine checks are hardware, actually almost all of them are.
Whats the exact error?

carlos

Hi Joseph, thank your for taking the time to answer me. The error it's
presents with the next message at the right bottom side of the monitor,
where the icons of the programs are active are shown.

"A machine check error has occurred,please check the system eventlog for
additional information"

But now with the observation you stated about hardware, I think it may be
because of the Nvidia GeForce 5200 AGP driver, which I downloaded from their
web site and I changed it for the one windows carries on the O.S. software.

Am I right ?

Regards,

Carlos

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Typically machine checks are hardware, actually almost all of them are.
> Whats the exact error?

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

Typically these are CPU errors, in some cases it could be a driver. If you
look in the system event log, whats the data in that event?

carlos

This is the data Joseph

Type: Warning
Source: WMIxWDM