Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

Wow, this group has died ... this is not good

Wayne Wastier

Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP x64
is on the way out.

Wayne

Johann Gamblepudding

'Dre must be on holiday...

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP
> x64 is on the way out.
>

> Wayne

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, we're still here. A quiet day in many ways, though.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Wayne Wastier wrote:
> Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP
> x64 is on the way out.
>

> Wayne

Charlie Russel - MVP

BTW, next week will definitely be quieter here. Several of us will be
offline much of the week at a conference in Redmond. Not so much offline, as
limited. I, for one, have three different events I'm going to, some of them
overlapping. It won't leave time for any newsgroup activity until late at
night.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Wayne Wastier wrote:
> Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP
> x64 is on the way out.
>

> Wayne

Andre Da Costa

I have the flu.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP
> x64 is on the way out.
>

> Wayne

Wayne Wastier

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the flu.
> --
> Andre

I pray that you get well soon Andre. Take care of yourself, and drink lots
of warm fluids.

Wayne

Wayne Wastier

"Johann Gamblepudding" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 'Dre must be on holiday...

LOL. )

Wayne Wastier

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> BTW, next week will definitely be quieter here. Several of us will be
> offline much of the week at a conference in Redmond. Not so much offline,
> as limited. I, for one, have three different events I'm going to, some of
> them overlapping. It won't leave time for any newsgroup activity until
> late at night.
>
> --
> Charlie.

Have fun at the conference. :>)

Wayne

Andre Da Costa

Thank you Wayne for your kind words, I appreciate that. cough-cough
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have the flu.
>> --
>> Andre

> I pray that you get well soon Andre. Take care of yourself, and drink lots
> of warm fluids.
>

> Wayne

David R. Norton MVP

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> Only 8 new posts for a Friday. I hope this doesn't mean that Windows XP
> x64 is on the way out.

I'm sure it is on it's way out. The OS was never meant to be other than an
interim stopgap until TOSFKAL (The Operating System Formerly Known As
Longhorn) was released. Now that TOSFKAL is in beta test and several illegal
versions have floated around the internet folks are turning their attention
in that direction. I expect you'll see fewer and fewer posts as the months
go by until the newsgroup dies a natural death.

You might have noticed there aren't a lot of posts in the Windows 3.x groups?
<G>

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>