Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 180 day?

180 day?

newbie

Hello,

Today I recived my Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial CD in the
mail.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
Says:

"This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120 days.
Register to order a CD or to download the trial software."

The Cd Arrived and it says on the front and back of the CD Case that
it is 180 day Trial Software. I am just curious which is correct. Is
the website incorrect?

Jean-Baptiste Faure

120 days.

Run->winver

"newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Today I recived my Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial CD in the
> mail.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
> Says:
>
> "This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120 days.
> Register to order a CD or to download the trial software."
>
> The Cd Arrived and it says on the front and back of the CD Case that
> it is 180 day Trial Software. I am just curious which is correct. Is
> the website incorrect?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its actually 120 days, there is some confusion I guess with the Server
Edition which 180 days.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Today I recived my Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial CD in the
> mail.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
> Says:
>
> "This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120 days.
> Register to order a CD or to download the trial software."
>
> The Cd Arrived and it says on the front and back of the CD Case that
> it is 180 day Trial Software. I am just curious which is correct. Is
> the website incorrect?

Rick

Install Win x64. After it is installed, click <Start>, then <Run>, type
in 'winver' (without quote marks) and the resulting panel will tell you
when the Trial expires.

It has been reported numerous time here that the Trial actually is 120
days, but check your's to see what it says.

newbie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I recived my Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial CD in the
> mail.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
> Says:
>
> "This trial software allows you to evaluate the product for 120 days.
> Register to order a CD or to download the trial software."
>
> The Cd Arrived and it says on the front and back of the CD Case that
> it is 180 day Trial Software. I am just curious which is correct. Is
> the website incorrect?

Nate

Is there a way to order the server edition?

Rick

Go to the Microsoft web site and look for Server 2003. There is
information and links to order the Server Trail.

Nate wrote:
> Is there a way to order the server edition?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Here is some information about downloading the trial:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...ault.mspx#EFAA
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com