Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IIS

=?Utf-8?B?a2Fja2Vy?=

Hello.

I've installed IIS on my Win x64 box but can't seem to connect it's web
site. Whenever I try to connect to my "localhost" through IE I get a "Cannot
find server" error. I turned off Windows Firewall thinking that was causing
problems but it's still a no-go. IIS administrator states that the web
service is running and there's no errors in my event logs.

What am I missing?

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFNhaW50?=

Have you set the default file that your localhost is supposed to connect to
whenever browsed to?

Hope this helps...
--
The Saint
MCP, MCDST

"kacker" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've installed IIS on my Win x64 box but can't seem to connect it's web
> site. Whenever I try to connect to my "localhost" through IE I get a "Cannot
> find server" error. I turned off Windows Firewall thinking that was causing
> problems but it's still a no-go. IIS administrator states that the web
> service is running and there's no errors in my event logs.
>
> What am I missing?

IIS 6 vs IIS 5 ASP.NET Performance Issues JMaelstrom ASP .Net 2 04-30-2010 04:32 PM
IIS 6.0 win2003, IIS users moe_rodrigue MCSE 1 04-01-2004 07:37 AM
IIS 6.0 vs IIS 5.1 Hai Nguyen ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:22 AM
ASP.NET application works in IIS PWS, but not in remote IIS. Matthew Louden ASP .Net 3 11-07-2003 09:58 PM
.NET IIS to IIS credentials problem... Grind Boy ASP .Net 4 08-14-2003 12:59 PM

Advertisments