Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > general problems in windows xp 64bit

general problems in windows xp 64bit

=?Utf-8?B?cHJvYmxlbSBpbiBzYnMyMDAwIC0gZGhjcA==?=

hello there

first i must mantion that this is the very best os i met (for client
computers)
and yet i got some problems.

1) direct x that came with the os is ? and when i'm tring to test it - it
fails
2) when i'm trying to install a game which requires a direct x 9.0c the game
doesnt work
3) when i'm trying to download and install the latest directx (9.0c) from
microsoft - the computer does othing it seems like it has some kind of direct
x and connot install again

help please cause i realy want this os for my new computer

here is the spec:
mb: gigabyte ga-k8n-ultra 939 (nforce4 chipset)
proccessor: amd athlon 64 3500
memory: 4 * 512mb ddr kingston
display card: gigabyte geforce fx6600
hd: wd 160gb sata-II
os: windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069

John Barnes

DirectX 9.0c is installed in x64. You cannot download the 64-bit version.
You downloaded the 32-bit version. Your game is probably not compatible
with x64. It seems from postings here that many are not.

"problem in sbs2000 - dhcp" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> hello there
>
> first i must mantion that this is the very best os i met (for client
> computers)
> and yet i got some problems.
>
> 1) direct x that came with the os is ? and when i'm tring to test it - it
> fails
> 2) when i'm trying to install a game which requires a direct x 9.0c the
> game
> doesnt work
> 3) when i'm trying to download and install the latest directx (9.0c) from
> microsoft - the computer does othing it seems like it has some kind of
> direct
> x and connot install again
>
> help please cause i realy want this os for my new computer
>
> here is the spec:
> mb: gigabyte ga-k8n-ultra 939 (nforce4 chipset)
> proccessor: amd athlon 64 3500
> memory: 4 * 512mb ddr kingston
> display card: gigabyte geforce fx6600
> hd: wd 160gb sata-II
> os: windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069

DKI

windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069 that might be why as well and he would need to
update to the trial release of the final version which is build 1830.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> DirectX 9.0c is installed in x64. You cannot download the 64-bit version.
> You downloaded the 32-bit version. Your game is probably not compatible
> with x64. It seems from postings here that many are not.
>

> "problem in sbs2000 - dhcp"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hello there
>>
>> first i must mantion that this is the very best os i met (for client
>> computers)
>> and yet i got some problems.
>>
>> 1) direct x that came with the os is ? and when i'm tring to test it - it
>> fails
>> 2) when i'm trying to install a game which requires a direct x 9.0c the
>> game
>> doesnt work
>> 3) when i'm trying to download and install the latest directx (9.0c) from
>> microsoft - the computer does othing it seems like it has some kind of
>> direct
>> x and connot install again
>>
>> help please cause i realy want this os for my new computer
>>
>> here is the spec:
>> mb: gigabyte ga-k8n-ultra 939 (nforce4 chipset)
>> proccessor: amd athlon 64 3500
>> memory: 4 * 512mb ddr kingston
>> display card: gigabyte geforce fx6600
>> hd: wd 160gb sata-II
>> os: windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069

Charlie Russel - MVP

good catch. Yes, it's probably because he's still running early beta code

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

DKI wrote:
> windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069 that might be why as well and he would need to
> update to the trial release of the final version which is build 1830.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> DirectX 9.0c is installed in x64. You cannot download the 64-bit
>> version. You downloaded the 32-bit version. Your game is probably not
>> compatible with x64. It seems from postings here that many are not.
>>

>> "problem in sbs2000 - dhcp"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> hello there
>>>
>>> first i must mantion that this is the very best os i met (for client
>>> computers)
>>> and yet i got some problems.
>>>
>>> 1) direct x that came with the os is ? and when i'm tring to test it -
>>> it fails
>>> 2) when i'm trying to install a game which requires a direct x 9.0c the
>>> game
>>> doesnt work
>>> 3) when i'm trying to download and install the latest directx (9.0c)
>>> from microsoft - the computer does othing it seems like it has some
>>> kind of direct
>>> x and connot install again
>>>
>>> help please cause i realy want this os for my new computer
>>>
>>> here is the spec:
>>> mb: gigabyte ga-k8n-ultra 939 (nforce4 chipset)
>>> proccessor: amd athlon 64 3500
>>> memory: 4 * 512mb ddr kingston
>>> display card: gigabyte geforce fx6600
>>> hd: wd 160gb sata-II
>>> os: windows xp 64bit sp1 v.1069

Charlie Russel - MVP

As DKI points out, you're still running the beta/pre-release version of x64
Edition. You'll need to replace that with the shipping version, either the
Trial or full product.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64