Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New MS Keyboard...again!

New MS Keyboard...again!

Charlie Russel - MVP

No kidding.

I'm expecting to pickup a Northgate I got on eBay while I'm at the Summit.
I'll show it to you if we can coordinate. If you like the old IBM keyboards,
I think you'll love the Northgate ones. All the advantages of the feel of
the IBM, with better key placement and large Enter and backspace keys. (and
the key layout is swappable so you can set it up as you wish -- so crtl is
next to the A where it belongs.
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

David R. Norton MVP wrote:
> "David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>
>> their keyboard business to Pickyboard.com)

> That's gotta win prizes for the most creative spelling of Pckeyboard ever!

David R. Norton MVP

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> I'm expecting to pickup a Northgate I got on eBay while I'm at the
> Summit. I'll show it to you if we can coordinate.

I'm not planning on being at the summit, too bad, I'd like to see the
keyboard.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Charlie Russel - MVP

Darn, too bad. I'm sorry you'll miss it.

The Northgates are 5-6 Lbs (depending on model), with a slightly stiff,
definitely clicky, key feel and sound. Good travel on the keys, as well. The
thing I like about them is that two of the models have function keys on the
left, and all of them have the ability to move the caps lock, control and
alt keys to more rational positions. So Ctrl ends up alongside the A key,
where I can easily reach it without looking. And since I have Word trained
to do all sorts of ^K and ^Q key combinations for various functions and
macros, it really speeds things up.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

David R. Norton MVP wrote:
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>
>> I'm expecting to pickup a Northgate I got on eBay while I'm at the
>> Summit. I'll show it to you if we can coordinate.

> I'm not planning on being at the summit, too bad, I'd like to see the
> keyboard.

miso@sushi.com

I'm running the MS Natural Keyboard Elite. No problems. I'm running my
logitech mouse as a PS/2 compatible.

Ah, maybe this has to do with USB devices.

Piers James wrote:
> It doesn't matter whether MS actually builds the things or not, it is their
> name on the product, so it is them that should be given the grief. Both my
> keyboard and mouse say Microsoft, and I am severely p*ssed off that the only
> hardware for which I have NO driver support is the Microsoft hardware.
> Whoever is in charge of this should be shot, it is unforgiveable that MS did
> not ensure that there was *full* (and by this mean IntelliPoint/Type) driver
> support when x64 shipped.
>
> Rant over......
>

> SNIP
>
> > Microsoft is NOT the manufacturer, AFAIK they don't make any hardware.
> > They're waiting for software from whoever is contracted to build the stuff
> > just like you are. I'm sure this is pretty embarrassing to them but all
> > they
> > can do is to keep pressure on the manufacturer just as we do.
> >

> > --
> > David R. Norton MVP
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>

David R. Norton MVP

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in:

> I'm running my Logitech mouse as a PS/2 compatible.

But you don't have full use of the mouse, do you? I need to set the middle
button to double click and had to use 3rd party software in order to do so.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Piers James

I have an Internet Keyboard Pro, and will not be able to use all the
additional buttons without proper 64bit driver support.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...