Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New MS Keyboard...again!

New MS Keyboard...again!

wewa

PJB

The OEM version of XP Pro x64 is full of drivers that is not available with
the trial version. I haven't had any problems with drivers for my printer,
scanner, camera, wireless network. It's was all on the x64 CD except for
firewall client to talk to a sbs server.

Contact the manufacturers and let them know.

--
Peter Banks
Wellington, NZ

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ...but no x64 drivers?!
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=043
>
> Hello Logitech!
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...=10226,OSID=11

John Barnes

But Microsoft IS the manufacturer (brand) and they won't even bother
providing support for their products on this system. Many here blame
manufacturers for lack of support for x64, but, I personally give credit to
those who do, when Microsoft refuses to lead by example. No support here.

"PJB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The OEM version of XP Pro x64 is full of drivers that is not available
> with the trial version. I haven't had any problems with drivers for my
> printer, scanner, camera, wireless network. It's was all on the x64 CD
> except for firewall client to talk to a sbs server.
>
> Contact the manufacturers and let them know.
>
> --
> Peter Banks
> Wellington, NZ
>
> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ...but no x64 drivers?!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=043
>>
>> Hello Logitech!
>> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...=10226,OSID=11

David R. Norton MVP

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...ls.aspx?pid=04
3

> Hello Logitech!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...=1796,contenti
d=10226,OSID=11

And I spend time searching all the swap meets looking for usable keyboards.
Usable meaning good feel and NO extra keys.

These were usually made by IBM in the 1980s.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

David R. Norton MVP

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in:

> ...but no x64 drivers?!

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...ls.aspx?pid=04
3

> Hello Logitech!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...=1796,contenti
d=10226,OSID=11

And I spend time searching all the swap meets looking for usable keyboards.
Usable meaning good feel and NO extra keys.

These were usually made by IBM in the middle 1990s.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

David R. Norton MVP

"John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> But Microsoft IS the manufacturer (brand) and they won't even bother
> providing support for their products on this system. Many here blame
> manufacturers for lack of support for x64, but, I personally give credit to
> those who do, when Microsoft refuses to lead by example. No support here.

Microsoft is NOT the manufacturer, AFAIK they don't make any hardware.
They're waiting for software from whoever is contracted to build the stuff
just like you are. I'm sure this is pretty embarrassing to them but all they
can do is to keep pressure on the manufacturer just as we do.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

John Barnes

Everyone knows that they do not physically manufacture the product, but
either contract out the manufacture or brand (name). Maybe you should read
Charlie's posts with regard to the software/driver support. Sure sounds
like another Microsoft group to me, but Charlie can clarify if I
misinterpreted his comments.

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>
>> But Microsoft IS the manufacturer (brand) and they won't even bother
>> providing support for their products on this system. Many here blame
>> manufacturers for lack of support for x64, but, I personally give credit
>> those who do, when Microsoft refuses to lead by example. No support
>> here.

> Microsoft is NOT the manufacturer, AFAIK they don't make any hardware.
> They're waiting for software from whoever is contracted to build the stuff
> just like you are. I'm sure this is pretty embarrassing to them but all
> they
> can do is to keep pressure on the manufacturer just as we do.
>

> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)>

DKI

I though Microsoft only did the drivers and intelliect point and intelliect
mouse software only. but they do not make the hardware.

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>
>> But Microsoft IS the manufacturer (brand) and they won't even bother
>> providing support for their products on this system. Many here blame
>> manufacturers for lack of support for x64, but, I personally give credit
>> those who do, when Microsoft refuses to lead by example. No support
>> here.

> Microsoft is NOT the manufacturer, AFAIK they don't make any hardware.
> They're waiting for software from whoever is contracted to build the stuff
> just like you are. I'm sure this is pretty embarrassing to them but all
> they
> can do is to keep pressure on the manufacturer just as we do.
>

> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)>

David R. Norton MVP

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> I though Microsoft only did the drivers and intelliect point and intelliect
> mouse software only. but they do not make the hardware.

I believe the manufacturer provided the software.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Piers James

It doesn't matter whether MS actually builds the things or not, it is their
name on the product, so it is them that should be given the grief. Both my
keyboard and mouse say Microsoft, and I am severely p*ssed off that the only
hardware for which I have NO driver support is the Microsoft hardware.
Whoever is in charge of this should be shot, it is unforgiveable that MS did
not ensure that there was *full* (and by this mean IntelliPoint/Type) driver
support when x64 shipped.

Rant over......

SNIP