Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Clustering

Clustering

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

What are the Clustering impacts if any of switching to 64 bit?

Charlie Russel - MVP

None that I can think of. Except, of course, that x64 Edition is the only
supported platform for the new HPC version of Windows -- Windows Server 2003
Compute Cluster Solution.

Oh, and access to a LOT more memory address space, of course.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Mike wrote:
> What are the Clustering impacts if any of switching to 64 bit?

Andre Da Costa

I guess that means you can play Solitaire a lot faster.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
news:%237e%(E-Mail Removed)...
> None that I can think of. Except, of course, that x64 Edition is the only
> supported platform for the new HPC version of Windows -- Windows Server
> 2003 Compute Cluster Solution.
>
> Oh, and access to a LOT more memory address space, of course.
>

> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Mike wrote:
>> What are the Clustering impacts if any of switching to 64 bit?

Charlie Russel - MVP

grin.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> I guess that means you can play Solitaire a lot faster.
>> None that I can think of. Except, of course, that x64 Edition is the only
>> supported platform for the new HPC version of Windows -- Windows Server
>> 2003 Compute Cluster Solution.
>>
>> Oh, and access to a LOT more memory address space, of course.
>>

>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Mike wrote:
>>> What are the Clustering impacts if any of switching to 64 bit?

Charlie Russel - MVP

BTW, check out the new HPC beta. All it takes is two (or more) x64 boxes.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../19/66945.aspx

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> I guess that means you can play Solitaire a lot faster.
>> None that I can think of. Except, of course, that x64 Edition is the only
>> supported platform for the new HPC version of Windows -- Windows Server
>> 2003 Compute Cluster Solution.
>>
>> Oh, and access to a LOT more memory address space, of course.
>>

>> --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> Mike wrote:
>>> What are the Clustering impacts if any of switching to 64 bit?

Switch Clustering Query Johnny Noitargim Cisco 0 10-11-2004 07:34 PM
Re: Clustering Matt MCSE 0 02-12-2004 01:02 PM
Re: Clustering Marc Reynolds [MSFT] MCSE 1 02-12-2004 03:03 AM
70-223 Clustering 2000 Exam Leighton Evans MCSE 1 01-19-2004 03:32 PM
70-223 Clustering De Directeur MCSE 6 09-27-2003 01:52 AM

Advertisments