Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows vista beta 2 x64

Windows vista beta 2 x64

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.
Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
Are there MUI packages available?
Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

If you have legal access to build 5219, you have a venue to ask questions
about it. I suggest that you ask there. (and it is NOT beta 2.)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Carlos wrote:
> Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.
> Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
> Are there MUI packages available?
> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Charlie:
I have, and don't want to have, access to build 5219.
I was just being curious about its size.
From one version (WinXP x86) to another (Windows Vista) we jump form 600 MB
to 2.7 gisgs.
What is MS putting in there?
If that's top secret, well... Let it go then.
Regards.
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> If you have legal access to build 5219, you have a venue to ask questions
> about it. I suggest that you ask there. (and it is NOT beta 2.)
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Carlos wrote:
> > Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.
> > Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
> > Are there MUI packages available?
> > Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

Vista is bigger. Yes.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Carlos wrote:
> Charlie:
> I have, and don't want to have, access to build 5219.
> I was just being curious about its size.
> From one version (WinXP x86) to another (Windows Vista) we jump form 600
> MB to 2.7 gisgs.
> What is MS putting in there?
> If that's top secret, well... Let it go then.
> Regards.
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> If you have legal access to build 5219, you have a venue to ask questions
>> about it. I suggest that you ask there. (and it is NOT beta 2.)
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Carlos wrote:
>>> Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.
>>> Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
>>> Are there MUI packages available?
>>> Carlos

Andre Da Costa

More drivers have been included for x86 version, it will continue grow to
support the wide range of hardware over the life of the beta. Here is the
newsgroup to post Vista questions Carlos:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...f-bb6ecc143dc1
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie:
> I have, and don't want to have, access to build 5219.
> I was just being curious about its size.
> From one version (WinXP x86) to another (Windows Vista) we jump form 600
> MB
> to 2.7 gisgs.
> What is MS putting in there?
> If that's top secret, well... Let it go then.
> Regards.
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> If you have legal access to build 5219, you have a venue to ask questions
>> about it. I suggest that you ask there. (and it is NOT beta 2.)
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Carlos wrote:
>> > Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.
>> > Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
>> > Are there MUI packages available?
>> > Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Andre:
Thanks for your reply.
It was more helpful than Charlie's one.
I had taken the "beta 2" version from your msn space so I apologize to
Charlie if it is not beta 1.
Anyway 2.8 gigs seems to me a big jump from WinXP to Windows Vista.
Carlos

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> More drivers have been included for x86 version, it will continue grow to
> support the wide range of hardware over the life of the beta. Here is the
> newsgroup to post Vista questions Carlos:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...f-bb6ecc143dc1
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Charlie:
> > I have, and don't want to have, access to build 5219.
> > I was just being curious about its size.
> > From one version (WinXP x86) to another (Windows Vista) we jump form 600
> > MB
> > to 2.7 gisgs.
> > What is MS putting in there?
> > If that's top secret, well... Let it go then.
> > Regards.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> If you have legal access to build 5219, you have a venue to ask questions
> >> about it. I suggest that you ask there. (and it is NOT beta 2.)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa

No problem, the Beta 2 naming was a bit misleading, sorry for that. Its just
that most of don't realize 5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2 branch.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre:
> Thanks for your reply.
> It was more helpful than Charlie's one.
> I had taken the "beta 2" version from your msn space so I apologize to
> Charlie if it is not beta 1.
> Anyway 2.8 gigs seems to me a big jump from WinXP to Windows Vista.
> Carlos
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> More drivers have been included for x86 version, it will continue grow to
>> support the wide range of hardware over the life of the beta. Here is the
>> newsgroup to post Vista questions Carlos:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...f-bb6ecc143dc1
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Charlie:
>> > I have, and don't want to have, access to build 5219.
>> > I was just being curious about its size.
>> > From one version (WinXP x86) to another (Windows Vista) we jump form
>> > 600
>> > MB
>> > to 2.7 gisgs.
>> > What is MS putting in there?
>> > If that's top secret, well... Let it go then.
>> > Regards.
>> > Carlos

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.

Build 5219 is not Beta 2 - it is simply a build on the way to Beta 2 and we
have started work on doing some of the branding changes.
Yes it is a large package as Windows Vista itself is a bigger product and
the builds being made available are of a version of the product (like Home
and Professional of Windows XP) that contains additional features etc.

> Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?

No - the package is platform specific (x64 or x86)

> Are there MUI packages available?

Not yet.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.
> Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
> Are there MUI packages available?
> Carlos

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No problem, the Beta 2 naming was a bit misleading, sorry for that. Its
> just that most of don't realize 5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2
> branch.
> --
> Andre

Andre,

It is not your place to apologise for any work we are doing - since you are
not a Microsoft employee.
We have no apology to make for the work we are doing on the branding of the
releases post Beta 1.
It is also incorrect to say "5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2 branch".
Build 5219 is significantly different from the 5112 (Beta 1) build. It is a
continuation of the work that commenced after we forked the build tree for
the Beta 1 release on the main development path. I would suggest you
refrain from commenting on our internal build processes.
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No problem, the Beta 2 naming was a bit misleading, sorry for that. Its
> just that most of don't realize 5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2
> branch.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Andre:
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> It was more helpful than Charlie's one.
>> I had taken the "beta 2" version from your msn space so I apologize to
>> Charlie if it is not beta 1.
>> Anyway 2.8 gigs seems to me a big jump from WinXP to Windows Vista.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>>
>>> More drivers have been included for x86 version, it will continue grow
>>> support the wide range of hardware over the life of the beta. Here is
>>> the
>>> newsgroup to post Vista questions Carlos:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...f-bb6ecc143dc1
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Thanks, Mike!
Carlos