Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Event ID : 10 simpTcp

Event ID : 10 simpTcp

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=

Hello all,

finally got Windows XP Pro x64 installed and working (no 64 bit drivers for
Linksys Wireless network card !)

IN the Event Viewer I regularly get the following error

" The Simple TCP/IP Services could not find the UDP QOTD port. The UDP QOTD
service was not started "

Is this an important error ?

Cheers,
Jeffrey

Charlie Russel - MVP

Only if you have some need for the Quote of the Day port. Chances are that
port is blocked. And it generally should be.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64