Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Explorer - Hard Drive Icon.

Windows Explorer - Hard Drive Icon.

=?Utf-8?B?c3Bmb3N0ZXI=?=

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Windows Explorer, a programme I had on my PC has
changed the Icon for one of my hard drives, it now looks like the default
html icon. Can someone please give me some help in changing it back to the
default setting. None of the fixes I have found so far work as they are all
for 32bit Win XP and not 64bit.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

Andre Da Costa

I have come across this problem before, especially when you extract the
contents of an application image to a drive. My solution was to format that
partition.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"spfoster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with Windows Explorer, a programme I had on my PC has
> changed the Icon for one of my hard drives, it now looks like the default
> html icon. Can someone please give me some help in changing it back to the
> default setting. None of the fixes I have found so far work as they are
> all
> for 32bit Win XP and not 64bit.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Steve.

Chins

before you format the drive, just check to see if there is any *.ico file on
the root directory of that drive. If it is there, just rename it and reboot
the system. You should see the change on the drive icon.

Good luck.

--
Chins [495968]
news:(E-Mail Removed)...