Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32-bit IE problem

32-bit IE problem

=?Utf-8?B?ZWFydGhmYWxs?=

Recently I installed Windows XP 64-bit and generally it worked fine except
the printer driver problem. Yesterday, I experienced on problem when I surf
the web-sites with 32-bit version of IE. It ocasionally hanged on the most of
the web site periodically (about once per every 10 minutes?). 64-bit IE did
not have that problem. Do I miss something?

John Barnes

If you have a mobo with the nVidia chipset, you probably need to install
the firewall and then uninstall it.

"earthfall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently I installed Windows XP 64-bit and generally it worked fine except
> the printer driver problem. Yesterday, I experienced on problem when I
> surf
> the web-sites with 32-bit version of IE. It ocasionally hanged on the most
> of
> the web site periodically (about once per every 10 minutes?). 64-bit IE
> did
> not have that problem. Do I miss something?

=?Utf-8?B?ZWFydGhmYWxs?=

Even though I am using VIA chipset(K8T800 Pro), I will try the firewall
stuff. Thank you for your comment.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> If you have a mobo with the nVidia chipset, you probably need to install
> the firewall and then uninstall it.

John Barnes

It is not applicable for VIA, only the Nvidia firewall.