Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > JAVA run time on win64

JAVA run time on win64

Marshalx

***has win64 already got Java "run time environment" ?
some IPIX i tried to view wouldnt run (red-X in corners)

i went to sun.com and downloaded what looked like
their win64 free offering, but it wouldnt run either,
saying "processor (amd Turion) not supported".

Did i chose the wrong file ? thanks.

Jerry

Ask Sun

"Marshalx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> ***has win64 already got Java "run time environment" ?
> some IPIX i tried to view wouldnt run (red-X in corners)
>
> i went to sun.com and downloaded what looked like
> their win64 free offering, but it wouldnt run either,
> saying "processor (amd Turion) not supported".
>
> Did i chose the wrong file ? thanks.

Stroppy

> i went to sun.com and downloaded what looked like
> their win64 free offering, but it wouldnt run either,
> saying "processor (amd Turion) not supported".
>
> Did i chose the wrong file ? thanks.

Hi,
If you've downloaded from here http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp ,
there's only the 32 bits windows version.
The x64 are for Solaris or Linux only.

Leonardo Weiss Ferreira Chaves

Hi,

there is a Java-Version for Windows XP 64, I use it an it works fine. The
files are named jre-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the runtime environment
and jdk-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the development kit.

Regards.

"Marshalx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> ***has win64 already got Java "run time environment" ?
> some IPIX i tried to view wouldnt run (red-X in corners)
>
> i went to sun.com and downloaded what looked like
> their win64 free offering, but it wouldnt run either,
> saying "processor (amd Turion) not supported".
>
> Did i chose the wrong file ? thanks.

Stroppy

> there is a Java-Version for Windows XP 64, I use it an it works fine. The
> files are named jre-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the runtime environment
> and jdk-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the development kit.
>
> Regards.

Yes, from sun main pages
https://jsecom16k.sun.com/ECom/EComA...0350715E04721D
but not from free download direct page.

=?Utf-8?B?Y29keTQ1?=

"Stroppy" wrote:

> > there is a Java-Version for Windows XP 64, I use it an it works fine. The
> > files are named jre-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the runtime environment
> > and jdk-1_5_0_04-windows-amd64.exe for the development kit.
> >
> > Regards.

I have been all over Suns site and have done many searches. The files show
up in the search but with no specific page. If you can furnish a link that
would be more helpful it would highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe
> Yes, from sun main pages
> https://jsecom16k.sun.com/ECom/EComA...0350715E04721D
> but not from free download direct page.

Stroppy

> I have been all over Suns site and have done many searches. The files
> show
> up in the search but with no specific page. If you can furnish a link that
> would be more helpful it would highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe

Hi,
Sorry, I pasted the link without noticing it changed itself with a secure
one.
Here is the good address:
http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...actionId=noreg
Actually, you must register to download this file, don't know why.
Regards.

James

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:11:49 +0200, "Stroppy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> I have been all over Suns site and have done many searches. The files
>> show
>> up in the search but with no specific page. If you can furnish a link that
>> would be more helpful it would highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Joe

>Hi,
>Sorry, I pasted the link without noticing it changed itself with a secure
>one.
>Here is the good address:
>http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/...actionId=noreg
>Actually, you must register to download this file, don't know why.
>Regards.

Thank you
Got the file had to register first.
James
--

They think it's all over... it is now.
Take the FUN out of my email address to reply.