Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 32-bit or 64-bit

32-bit or 64-bit

=?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?=

I looked on the disc, in the owner's manual , and properties of My
Computer,, and Help Index; to see if I have 32-bit or 64-bit? XP
```````
another Post here says 'look at the start up'
Is that that black part that zooms by so fast when you hit the start button;
or is there a nice little place that you can open up and see if you are
32-bit or 64 - bit?
`````
My new Epson printer has July 05 drivers at their d/l site, something like
5.1A, my printer has 4.1
It says only use for the 64-bit version.but not how to find out if you have
64-bit?
`````
If somebody is also a printer expert, do Platens have to be set normal or
wide for Glossy photo paper, on an epson R300? my 1rst two attempts at
pictures turned out very, very dark, their 'Help' said it might be the platen
setting, but it doesn't say which one to use!?

Nymshift Time Again

=?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> I looked on the disc, in the owner's manual , and properties of My
> Computer,, and Help Index; to see if I have 32-bit or 64-bit? XP
> ```````
> another Post here says 'look at the start up'
> Is that that black part that zooms by so fast when you hit the start
> button; or is there a nice little place that you can open up and see
> if you are 32-bit or 64 - bit?
> `````
> My new Epson printer has July 05 drivers at their d/l site, something
> like 5.1A, my printer has 4.1
> It says only use for the 64-bit version.but not how to find out if you
> have 64-bit?
> `````
> If somebody is also a printer expert, do Platens have to be set
> normal or
> wide for Glossy photo paper, on an epson R300? my 1rst two attempts at
> pictures turned out very, very dark, their 'Help' said it might be the
> platen setting, but it doesn't say which one to use!?

Download CPU-Z and it will show you everything you want to know.
http://www.cpuid.org/
Look at the processor features. If "x64" is in the list then you have a
64-bit cpu. Then

Start/Run/dxdiag for Windows-specific system information will tell you
whether you are running a 32 or 64 operating system.

XP64 is build 3790
XP32 is build 2600

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Here is an easy way to find out if you are running Windows XP Professional
x64 Edition, click Start > Run > type in "winver" without qoutes, take note
of the banner if it says Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Check to see if your Epson printer drivers are listed here for x64:
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/SupportHome.aspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"joseph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I looked on the disc, in the owner's manual , and properties of My
> Computer,, and Help Index; to see if I have 32-bit or 64-bit? XP
> ```````
> another Post here says 'look at the start up'
> Is that that black part that zooms by so fast when you hit the start
> button;
> or is there a nice little place that you can open up and see if you are
> 32-bit or 64 - bit?
> `````
> My new Epson printer has July 05 drivers at their d/l site, something like
> 5.1A, my printer has 4.1
> It says only use for the 64-bit version.but not how to find out if you
> have
> 64-bit?
> `````
> If somebody is also a printer expert, do Platens have to be set normal or
> wide for Glossy photo paper, on an epson R300? my 1rst two attempts at
> pictures turned out very, very dark, their 'Help' said it might be the
> platen
> setting, but it doesn't say which one to use!?

=?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?=

tnx much! in the My Computer/Help/About Windows or Run winver, I can now see
what the 'build' is and if it's 32-bit or 64-bit