Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows dialer

Windows dialer

John Barnes

I have two problems related to windows dialer.
1. Before dialing my ISP the system performs normally, however, after
connection, virtually every program I try to launch as well as web pages
previously launched, will hang for 1-5 minutes. The quickest way to proceed
is to disconnect, upon which, everything except the web pages, instantly
execute.
2. While online, at some point, dialer status indicates that sent packets
continue to proceed normally, while received packets freeze. Again,
disconnecting and reconnecting starts over with both functions working
properly for some period of time, from approx 1 hour - 5 hours. This is the
same with 3 ISP's I have tried to see if it were ISP related.

There is no information in any event viewer related to the problem.