Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Setup Freezes While Installing Devices

Windows Setup Freezes While Installing Devices

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbQ==?=

I have the Windows XP Pro x64 Trial Version and during setup, it would freeze
at installing devices. The monitor would blackout a few times then a blue
screen would come up, saying "A problem has been detected and windows has
been shut down to provent damage to your computer ..." I took the liberty of
copying down the Technical Information: *** Stop: 0x0000007E (
0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFADFE4869E90,
0xFFFFFADFE48698A0) Well, thats all of it, any help would be greatly
appreciated. I really want to run x64 on my new computer. BTW, here are the
specs.

Motherboard: Biostar NF4UL-A9 (I contacted their tech support, they said the
board was 64-bit ready)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
HardDrive: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200M0 200GB SATA
Video Card: ATI Radeon X800 Pro

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

This issue may occur if a system thread generates an exception that the
error handler does not catch. This may occur if one or more of the following
conditions exist: . If this issue occurs after the first restart during
Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished, the computer may not have
sufficient hard disk space to run Windows.
. If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup,
or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with
Windows.
. Incompatible video adapter drivers.
. Damaged RAM.
. A damaged device driver or system service.
. If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it may be
caused by a third-party remote control program.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330182&sd=RMVP
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com