Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Printers for win64

Printers for win64

Randy

You're right, the price is $59.99 AR. Still, very good if it works as
advertised. Had you been using one under a Windows x32 version? If so, what
is your impression of it in that environment?

Thanks for the ink link. Have you tried their inks? What's your opinion of
them?

"VWWall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Randy wrote:
>
> > Staples has the smaller, newer DCP110C (non-networked) all-in-one on

sale
> > for $49.99 after rebate, and it also has Win XP Pro x64 drivers

available:
> > http://global.solutions.brother.com/...n_us/download/

> I couldn't find it for less than $79.99 with a $20 rebate, ($59.99).
> The above driver gave me a problem. It hung at the "connect USB cable"
> point. I did use the brdpl110c.ini file from that install package to
> get basic printer functions working. May be just my set-up.
>
> > This li'l pup also has memory card slots from which it can print

directly
> > AND save scanned images to (jpeg, pdf, tiff) directly. Very slick... may

buy
> > one for my mom. Uses same ink carts as the MFC5440CN, which is nice.

> http://www.inkquik.com has them for as little as $4.50. Brothers, so
> far, don't use "monitor chips" on their cartridges as do Epson.
>
> --
> Virg Wall

VWWall

Randy wrote:
> You're right, the price is $59.99 AR. Still, very good if it works as
> advertised. Had you been using one under a Windows x32 version? If so, what
> is your impression of it in that environment?

Just got it last week. I tried the print and the copy functions, and
all seem to work well. I tried a simple scan and it seemed to work OK.
Haven't tried the TWAIN interface yet. You have to go to the included
CD to get all the manual info. I haven't tried the OCR.

I could install only the basic print functions under WinXP x32. I may
try again, but that's all I need now. Does anyone know if TWAIN works
under x64?

Brother uses piezo-electric nozzles, as does Epson, opposed to HP who
use thermal nozzles permantly attached to the cartridges. I've used
"generic" cartridges with my Epson Stylus Color 800 with good results.

> Thanks for the ink link. Have you tried their inks? What's your opinion of
> them?

I just received a set ordered last week. I won't get a chance to try
them until the supplied set runs out. The service was excellent, and I
received the order in three days by Priority UPS. No sales tax either!

I will post any problems, should they occur.

--
Virg Wall