Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Drop Folder with Password protection?

Drop Folder with Password protection?

Ralf Krause

How do I do it in x64. I dont know how to do in 32 bit either so i guess its
the same right? Well I disabled simple file sharing. When i try now to set
the permission i cant change the "From this location". I assume that i have
to put there the other computer name. So how do I change that account.

My computer name is

P4INTEL

Our Networkname is

MVP

Now i want that a different computer, lets call him XP4000 to access a
folder on P4INTEL but only after a successful password entry.

Any comments or help is greatly appriciated.

ralf

Andre Da Costa

Why don't you share the folder and set access permissions on it to identify
who can view the contents?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Ralf Krause" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I do it in x64. I dont know how to do in 32 bit either so i guess
> its the same right? Well I disabled simple file sharing. When i try now to
> set the permission i cant change the "From this location". I assume that i
> have to put there the other computer name. So how do I change that
> account.
>
> My computer name is
>
> P4INTEL
>
> Our Networkname is
>
> MVP
>
> Now i want that a different computer, lets call him XP4000 to access a
> folder on P4INTEL but only after a successful password entry.
>
> Any comments or help is greatly appriciated.
>
> ralf

Ralf Krause

how do u do that?