Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Xp x64 driver needed for Promise Ultra ATA 133

Xp x64 driver needed for Promise Ultra ATA 133

Taimoor

I have Promise Ultra Ata 133 PCI card and my two DVD-RWs are attached to
it. I have installed Windows Xp Pro x64 but this card is not working. I
need 64 bit driver for it. Can anyone help please!!!

--
Taimoor
Taimoor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=8800

Charlie Russel - MVP

Promise drivers have been a problem. You should check two places -- the
Promise web site, and www.planetamd64.com. If you don't find drivers at the
Promise web site, ASK for them. Complain that they aren't there. Let the mfg
know they're not meeting their customers' needs.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Taimoor wrote:
> I have Promise Ultra Ata 133 PCI card and my two DVD-RWs are attached to
> it. I have installed Windows Xp Pro x64 but this card is not working. I
> need 64 bit driver for it. Can anyone help please!!!

Taimoor

Thank you. That can be helpful and I will try but I have little hope it
will be fruitful.

--
Taimoor
Taimoor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=8800
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=360504
Visit - http://www.techarena.in | http://forums.techarena.in | http://gallery.techarena.in

Gatos Loco

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:37:39 +0530, Taimoor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have Promise Ultra Ata 133 PCI card and my two DVD-RWs are attached to
>it. I have installed Windows Xp Pro x64 but this card is not working. I
>need 64 bit driver for it. Can anyone help please!!!

I think I remember seeing drivers for the promise controller at
www.planetamd64.com

gato loco

Nymshift Time Again

Taimoor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have Promise Ultra Ata 133 PCI card and my two DVD-RWs are attached to
> it. I have installed Windows Xp Pro x64 but this card is not working. I
> need 64 bit driver for it. Can anyone help please!!!

My Promise Ultra 133 TX2 works fine with the supplied Microsoft drivers. In
fact, my web/email/ftp server is running off 4 striped 200GB drives
attached to it on my other 3200+ box.