Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SATA Drivers for XP64

SATA Drivers for XP64

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

Hi,
I have a AMD 64 running on a K8V SE DELUXE motherboard. On promise SATA
controller I have a western 84 GB hard drive. I was trying to install XP64
with the drivers provided by ASUS for xp64. It was ok till the computer
reboot, then I had the typical screen you have for recovering from a hardware
failure (Black with, run in safe mode, recover previous last time it run
ok...) I think the real problem is the drivers are not ok for xp64.
Does anybody have the real drivers for my hardware or any idea about the
problem?
my graphic card in a ATI RANDEON

Charlie Russel - MVP

The Promise drivers don't work for standalone drives, only for RAID drives.
You should, however, be able to use the VIA controller - the drivers for
that work well.

For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../11/52162.aspx

And for some more on the different modes for storage driver load during
setup, and why you care:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../25/59560.aspx

HTH

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

David wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a AMD 64 running on a K8V SE DELUXE motherboard. On promise SATA
> controller I have a western 84 GB hard drive. I was trying to install XP64
> with the drivers provided by ASUS for xp64. It was ok till the computer
> reboot, then I had the typical screen you have for recovering from a
> hardware failure (Black with, run in safe mode, recover previous last
> time it run ok...) I think the real problem is the drivers are not ok for
> xp64.
> Does anybody have the real drivers for my hardware or any idea about the
> problem?
> my graphic card in a ATI RANDEON

Ken

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The Promise drivers don't work for standalone drives, only for RAID
> drives. You should, however, be able to use the VIA controller - the
> drivers for that work well.

Good news. Just a few days ago a driver for IDE on the Promise 378 was
posted. Apparently an enterprising individual re-wrote the driver using the
DDK. I've tested it on two Asus SK8V motherboards and also an MSI K8T Neo
and it works fine. It is on the download section of www.planetamd64.com.
Ken

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgRy4=?=

Thank Russel,
I'll try to install xp64 using VIA controller

David G.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> The Promise drivers don't work for standalone drives, only for RAID drives.
> You should, however, be able to use the VIA controller - the drivers for
> that work well.
>
> For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../11/52162.aspx
>
> And for some more on the different modes for storage driver load during
> setup, and why you care:
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../25/59560.aspx
>
> HTH
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> David wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a AMD 64 running on a K8V SE DELUXE motherboard. On promise SATA
> > controller I have a western 84 GB hard drive. I was trying to install XP64
> > with the drivers provided by ASUS for xp64. It was ok till the computer
> > reboot, then I had the typical screen you have for recovering from a
> > hardware failure (Black with, run in safe mode, recover previous last
> > time it run ok...) I think the real problem is the drivers are not ok for
> > xp64.
> > Does anybody have the real drivers for my hardware or any idea about the
> > problem?
> > my graphic card in a ATI RANDEON

Charlie Russel - MVP

That's good news, Ken. Now why can't Promise do this?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64