Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Trojan horse in wrar 64 bit be careful

Trojan horse in wrar 64 bit be careful

Kue2

Both the wrar350.exe & the uninstall have agent.dr embedded the the
files.The lastest avg virus updated detected them.

Colin Nowell

Where did you get that executable from? I just downloaded direct from the
RARLab site and it's fine. No trojan.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Both the wrar350.exe & the uninstall have agent.dr embedded the the
> files.The lastest avg virus updated detected them.

keithaleger@msn.com

I have the same problem, even after downloading from several different
sources. Every single one had agent.dr embedded in the executable as
well as the uninstall files. Is it a false positive, maybe?

Colin Nowell wrote:
> Where did you get that executable from? I just downloaded direct from the
> RARLab site and it's fine. No trojan.
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Both the wrar350.exe & the uninstall have agent.dr embedded the the
> > files.The lastest avg virus updated detected them.

Chris Doré

"Colin Nowell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Where did you get that executable from? I just downloaded direct from the
> RARLab site and it's fine. No trojan.

I'll second that. Scanned with AVG (all updated).

Trojan Horse in javaw.exe? Ken Java 3 01-27-2005 12:46 PM
Trojan Horse Jim Chapman Computer Support 1 08-15-2003 06:26 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus PhilGreg Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 11:30 PM
Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus bb3 Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 09:56 PM
Trojan Horse cannot be put in vault by AVG free version Jim Chapman Computer Support 1 08-07-2003 10:41 PM

Advertisments