Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Access denied to folder

Access denied to folder

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNv?=

Can anyone help me retrieve my daughters 6th form coursework. I have Windows
XP Home edition and my daughter thought it wise to password protect her work.
However 2 crashes & 2 reinstalls later (TV card install BTW) we cannot access
this folder, even with System admin rights. I cannot copy, delete or even
attach this folder to a mail. DOS commands are equally useless.

The MS DB doesn't offer real solutions as there is no where now to input the
original password? A

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

This issue does not relate to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, post this
problem to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.general group

Have you tried taking ownership of the folder under a Administrator account?
http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Franco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help me retrieve my daughters 6th form coursework. I have
> Windows
> XP Home edition and my daughter thought it wise to password protect her
> work.
> However 2 crashes & 2 reinstalls later (TV card install BTW) we cannot
> access
> this folder, even with System admin rights. I cannot copy, delete or even
> attach this folder to a mail. DOS commands are equally useless.
>
> The MS DB doesn't offer real solutions as there is no where now to input
> the
> original password? A

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNv?=

Thanks for the input. Already searched the database & tried this

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> This issue does not relate to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, post this
> problem to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.general group
>
> Have you tried taking ownership of the folder under a Administrator account?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Franco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone help me retrieve my daughters 6th form coursework. I have
> > Windows
> > XP Home edition and my daughter thought it wise to password protect her
> > work.
> > However 2 crashes & 2 reinstalls later (TV card install BTW) we cannot
> > access
> > this folder, even with System admin rights. I cannot copy, delete or even
> > attach this folder to a mail. DOS commands are equally useless.
> >
> > The MS DB doesn't offer real solutions as there is no where now to input
> > the
> > original password? A

Dominic Payer

You have to be persistent and keep on clicking "OK" on the same message
until you see a different message allowing you to take ownership.

"Franco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the input. Already searched the database & tried this
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> This issue does not relate to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, post
>> this
>> problem to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.general group
>>
>> Have you tried taking ownership of the folder under a Administrator
>> account?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Franco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Can anyone help me retrieve my daughters 6th form coursework. I have
>> > Windows
>> > XP Home edition and my daughter thought it wise to password protect her
>> > work.
>> > However 2 crashes & 2 reinstalls later (TV card install BTW) we cannot
>> > access
>> > this folder, even with System admin rights. I cannot copy, delete or
>> > even
>> > attach this folder to a mail. DOS commands are equally useless.
>> >
>> > The MS DB doesn't offer real solutions as there is no where now to
>> > input
>> > the
>> > original password? A

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNv?=

Thanks Domonic, but I've tried 50+ times with no success