Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Any way to get my Canon CanoScan D660U to work with XP64

Any way to get my Canon CanoScan D660U to work with XP64

Neal

I am just wondering does anyone know of a way to allow my Canon CanoScan
D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying to
get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything happend.

Thanks

Andre Da Costa

Canon is the best place and only place to receive drivers for your hardware.
Driver support for scanners has been especially rough because of the lack 64
bit Twain drivers.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am just wondering does anyone know of a way to allow my Canon CanoScan
>D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying
>to get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything
>happend.
>
> Thanks

John Barnes

This is the response I received from Canon this AM

Dear John:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding Windows XP
64bit compatible products.

We currently have one model with 64bit drivers available for download,
the i9900. You can find out more about this printer by visiting
www.usa.canon.com/consumer. Once at the website click on Printers and
then the model you are interested in.

Thank you for inquiring about Canon. Please let us know if we can be of
further assistance.

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am just wondering does anyone know of a way to allow my Canon CanoScan
>D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying
>to get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything
>happend.
>
> Thanks

Ian

Ya, gotta wonder why they even say that crap
when they have no intention what-so-ever of
providing 'further assistance - but I would reply :

"Yes please, assist me further by providing me with
functional 64-bit Twain driver for my D660U Scanner."

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is the response I received from Canon this AM
>
> Dear John:
>
> Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding Windows XP
> 64bit compatible products.
>
> We currently have one model with 64bit drivers available for download,
> the i9900. You can find out more about this printer by visiting
> www.usa.canon.com/consumer. Once at the website click on Printers and
> then the model you are interested in.
>
> Thank you for inquiring about Canon. Please let us know if we can be of
> further assistance.
>

> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am just wondering does anyone know of a way to allow my Canon CanoScan
>>D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying
>>to get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything
>>happend.
>>
>> Thanks

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Couldn't agree more.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OSzIjo%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ya, gotta wonder why they even say that crap
> when they have no intention what-so-ever of
> providing 'further assistance - but I would reply :
>
> "Yes please, assist me further by providing me with
> functional 64-bit Twain driver for my D660U Scanner."

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is the response I received from Canon this AM
>>
>> Dear John:
>>
>> Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding Windows XP
>> 64bit compatible products.
>>
>> We currently have one model with 64bit drivers available for download,
>> the i9900. You can find out more about this printer by visiting
>> www.usa.canon.com/consumer. Once at the website click on Printers and
>> then the model you are interested in.
>>
>> Thank you for inquiring about Canon. Please let us know if we can be of
>> further assistance.
>>

>> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am just wondering does anyone know of a way to allow my Canon CanoScan
>>>D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying
>>>to get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything
>>>happend.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Neal

That is why I asked on this board. I just get their simple cut and past
answer all the time and that is it. After this all I have to say is that I
will never buy Canon again for any product.

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OSzIjo%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ya, gotta wonder why they even say that crap
> when they have no intention what-so-ever of
> providing 'further assistance - but I would reply :
>
> "Yes please, assist me further by providing me with
> functional 64-bit Twain driver for my D660U Scanner."

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is the response I received from Canon this AM
>>
>> Dear John:
>>
>> Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding Windows XP
>> 64bit compatible products.
>>
>> We currently have one model with 64bit drivers available for download,
>> the i9900. You can find out more about this printer by visiting
>> www.usa.canon.com/consumer. Once at the website click on Printers and
>> then the model you are interested in.
>>
>> Thank you for inquiring about Canon. Please let us know if we can be of
>> further assistance.
>>

>> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am just wondering does anyone know of a way to allow my Canon CanoScan
>>>D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying
>>>to get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything
>>>happend.
>>>
>>> Thanks

miso@sushi.com

Canon support on the phone is much better, at least for their cameras.
If you do call them, try to get bumped up as high as possible. [I'm
sure you know the routine. ]