Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Give me your estimate...

Give me your estimate...

I know there aren't going to be any definite answers for
this (unless someone from Microsoft wants to chime in), so
I am just asking for estimates...

Of the 5000 or so MCSEs on 2003, how many are upgrades
from 2000 vs how many have completed the full path?

I am guessing about 90-95% are upgrades. What do you
think?

Andy Foster

I think you need to get out more, that's what I think.

Neil

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1547601c41ab5
$22f3eaf0$(E-Mail Removed):

> I know there aren't going to be any definite answers for
> this (unless someone from Microsoft wants to chime in), so
> I am just asking for estimates...
>
> Of the 5000 or so MCSEs on 2003, how many are upgrades
> from 2000 vs how many have completed the full path?
>
> I am guessing about 90-95% are upgrades. What do you
> think?

Does it matter? I did the upgrade but I still had to go the complete
route on previous exams. Does the new cert make my previous experience
useless? If it did, I don't think MS would create an upgrade exam.

I think Andy is right, you need to get out more.

--
Neil

>Does the new cert make my previous experience
>useless? If it did, I don't think MS would create an upgrade exam.

Exactly. There are is so much in common between win2k3 & win2k (and
even nt 4, 3.5, 3.1 'yawn') that the prospect of expecting people, who
have already proven their experience, to prove it again is insulting
to those people.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Neil

news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>Does the new cert make my previous experience
>>useless? If it did, I don't think MS would create an upgrade exam.

> Exactly. There are is so much in common between win2k3 & win2k (and
> even nt 4, 3.5, 3.1 'yawn') that the prospect of expecting people, who
> have already proven their experience, to prove it again is insulting
> to those people.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

yes. I'm insulted

*sniffs, points nose to sky, turns around and walks away*

--
Neil

RingLord

>>>*sniffs, points nose to sky, turns around and walks
away*<<

Then trips over own feet and falls flat on face??

Neil

"RingLord" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1406801c41b51$1ab75560$(E-Mail Removed):

> away*<<
>
> Then trips over own feet and falls flat on face??

you've seen me do this before haven't you...

--
Neil

Brat

daily

--
Sue MCNGP #69

news:Xns94C2C7F349098neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> "RingLord" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:1406801c41b51$1ab75560$(E-Mail Removed):

> > away*<<
> >
> > Then trips over own feet and falls flat on face??

> you've seen me do this before haven't you...
>

> --
> Neil

Neil

"Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:yemcc.11112
$(E-Mail Removed):

> daily

where is that camera....

(oh well, it's better than being stalked by Ken)

--
Neil