Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > EventID 32 and 59 after each boot

EventID 32 and 59 after each boot

Thomas G. Madsen

Hi,

Does anyone in here know what the following EventIDs mean:

-----------

-----------

| EventID: 59
| Source: SideBySide
| Type: Error
|
| Generate Activation Context failed for:
| D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\MFC.
| Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
| on your system.

Each error appears three times after each boot, so I get twelve
errors in the Event Viewer every time a reboot has taken place.
I have asked Logitech but they're clueless (as usual).

What is the referenced assembly?

--
Regards
Madsen

Tony Sperling

Hi, Thomas.

Nothing quick pops up, here. Have you been compiling in Visual Studio? Have
you got any clue what is meant by SideBy Side? I found something HTML-like
with that name, rings any bells?

Some installation that you removed, perchance - and with residue in the
Reg.?

Tip: Some Reg cleaners and repairkits can be configured to scan for
orphaned keys without actually making any changes, that's practical if you
like to check things on a hunch.

Tony. . .

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone in here know what the following EventIDs mean:
>
> | EventID: 32
> | Source: SideBySide
> | Type: Error
> |
> | Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and
> | Last Error was: The referenced assembly is not installed on your
> | system.
>
> -----------
>
> | EventID: 59
> | Source: SideBySide
> | Type: Error
> |
> | Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.
> | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
> | on your system.
>
> -----------
>
> | EventID: 59
> | Source: SideBySide
> | Type: Error
> |
> | Generate Activation Context failed for:
> | D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\MFC.
> | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
> | on your system.
>
> Each error appears three times after each boot, so I get twelve
> errors in the Event Viewer every time a reboot has taken place.
> I have asked Logitech but they're clueless (as usual).
>
> What is the referenced assembly?
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Colin Nowell

You've installed the 64 bit drivers for Logitech Setpoint yes?

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone in here know what the following EventIDs mean:
>
> | EventID: 32
> | Source: SideBySide
> | Type: Error
> |
> | Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and
> | Last Error was: The referenced assembly is not installed on your
> | system.
>
> -----------
>
> | EventID: 59
> | Source: SideBySide
> | Type: Error
> |
> | Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.
> | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
> | on your system.
>
> -----------
>
> | EventID: 59
> | Source: SideBySide
> | Type: Error
> |
> | Generate Activation Context failed for:
> | D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\MFC.
> | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
> | on your system.
>
> Each error appears three times after each boot, so I get twelve
> errors in the Event Viewer every time a reboot has taken place.
> I have asked Logitech but they're clueless (as usual).
>
> What is the referenced assembly?
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Tony Sperling wrote:

> Nothing quick pops up, here. Have you been compiling in Visual
> Studio?

No.

> Have you got any clue what is meant by SideBy Side?

No, not really. All I know is that it started to appear after the
installation of SetPoint 2.40 for WinXP x64. My Logitech keyboard
and mouse seems to work fine (Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop for
Notebooks and MX1000 mouse) but the Event Viewer logs is annoying.

> I found something HTML-like with that name, rings any bells?

Nope.

> Some installation that you removed, perchance - and with residue
> in the Reg.?

I haven't removed anything since I installed Setpoint. No as far
as I can remember.

> Tip: Some Reg cleaners and repairkits can be configured to
> scan for orphaned keys without actually making any changes,
> that's practical if you like to check things on a hunch.

I use EasyCleaner on my WinXP x86 installation but I haven't tried
reg cleaners on x64 because I fear for incompatibility issues.

--
Regards
Madsen

Thomas G. Madsen

Colin Nowell wrote:

> You've installed the 64 bit drivers for Logitech Setpoint yes?

Yes I have.

This one:
<http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=9599,OSID=11>

--
Regards
Madsen

Tony Sperling

Well, then - Colin's got a 'point'. It sounds as the drivers are referencing
something that didn't install. Are these 'beta' drivers? If the HTML thing
is the one, then it could be some 3:rd party component that Logitech don't
know anything about, something to format the helptext, or whatever, that
they used in the 32bit version and that either didn't install or doesn't
work any more? I would get back to Log. and pester them about this specific
SBS. I wonder, though, if you can tell Event Viewer that: "Yes, I've got it
now, I will take care of it as soon as possible." and have it shut up about
it.

Tony. . .

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony Sperling wrote:
>
>> Nothing quick pops up, here. Have you been compiling in Visual
>> Studio?

> No.
>
>> Have you got any clue what is meant by SideBy Side?

> No, not really. All I know is that it started to appear after the
> installation of SetPoint 2.40 for WinXP x64. My Logitech keyboard
> and mouse seems to work fine (Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop for
> Notebooks and MX1000 mouse) but the Event Viewer logs is annoying.
>
>> I found something HTML-like with that name, rings any bells?

> Nope.
>
>> Some installation that you removed, perchance - and with residue
>> in the Reg.?

> I haven't removed anything since I installed Setpoint. No as far
> as I can remember.
>
>> Tip: Some Reg cleaners and repairkits can be configured to
>> scan for orphaned keys without actually making any changes,
>> that's practical if you like to check things on a hunch.

> I use EasyCleaner on my WinXP x86 installation but I haven't tried
> reg cleaners on x64 because I fear for incompatibility issues.
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Tony Sperling

Here's a link:

http://www.stat.umn.edu/macanova/html_help/node429.htm

Tony. . .

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony Sperling wrote:
>
>> Nothing quick pops up, here. Have you been compiling in Visual
>> Studio?

> No.
>
>> Have you got any clue what is meant by SideBy Side?

> No, not really. All I know is that it started to appear after the
> installation of SetPoint 2.40 for WinXP x64. My Logitech keyboard
> and mouse seems to work fine (Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop for
> Notebooks and MX1000 mouse) but the Event Viewer logs is annoying.
>
>> I found something HTML-like with that name, rings any bells?

> Nope.
>
>> Some installation that you removed, perchance - and with residue
>> in the Reg.?

> I haven't removed anything since I installed Setpoint. No as far
> as I can remember.
>
>> Tip: Some Reg cleaners and repairkits can be configured to
>> scan for orphaned keys without actually making any changes,
>> that's practical if you like to check things on a hunch.

> I use EasyCleaner on my WinXP x86 installation but I haven't tried
> reg cleaners on x64 because I fear for incompatibility issues.
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

Bernhard Dietrich

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin Nowell wrote:
>
>> You've installed the 64 bit drivers for Logitech Setpoint yes?

> Yes I have.

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=10600

Thomas G. Madsen

Bernhard Dietrich wrote:

> http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=10600

Well, nice to see that I'm not alone.

Thanks.

--
Regards
Madsen

Colin Nowell

Right. I have the same thing and my LX700 Keyboard and Mouse are both
working fine... I guess Logitech didn't quite get it right first time out...
I suspect they will in the next release...

Colin

"Thomas G. Madsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin Nowell wrote:
>
>> You've installed the 64 bit drivers for Logitech Setpoint yes?

> Yes I have.
>
> This one:
> <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=9599,OSID=11>
>
> --
> Regards
> Madsen

EventID 13539 =?Utf-8?B?UEZEUg==?= MCSE 2 08-15-2006 04:24 PM
EventID 1005 DHCP - network address is already in use on the netwo =?Utf-8?B?QW5kZXJzIHN0cmFuZC1Ib2xt?= Wireless Networking 5 08-15-2006 03:10 AM
OT: Eventid.net? Ben MCSE 6 03-16-2005 04:00 PM
MsiInstaller and eventid:11723 =?Utf-8?B?a21hbGV4NzQ=?= Microsoft Certification 1 01-11-2005 08:30 PM

Advertisments