Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > SATA drive will not boot

SATA drive will not boot

Rick

Same suggestion as previous response: Go to www.microsoft.com and
search for '0x0000009C'

You will be given information to help you troubleshoot your problem.

Chamberlin wrote:
> OK, not quite done yet...
>
> Updated mobo BIOS, rev. F9, now dual core x2 processor is recognized, and
> also properly taken atvantage of.
>
> Also: Found some French beta nForce drivers here:
> http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvidia%20nforce.htm
>
> supposedly SATARAID drivers 6.21, (package is unofficial called 8.12)
> Installed on floppy, and F6'd them into a new fresh reload of Win x64.
> Now the setup program crashes during hardware installation section with a
> MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, ***STOP: 0x0000009C
> Gonna try back stepping two versions to 6.67.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbWJlcmxpbg==?=

Thanks Rick, had a feeling I was going to have to go the microsoft
pages....thanks for reminding me about the stop codes search option. Ahhh
this should be interesting...
-C

"Rick" wrote:

> Did you know that if you search the Microsoft web site for you error,
> you will get many references to possible solutions. Just got to
> www.microsoft.com and do a search on '0x00000024'
>
> It will give you several pages of information about what may be causing
> this STOP code.
>

> Chamberlin wrote:
> > Slight update, 2 things:
> >
> > the link above is incorrect should have linked this:
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_..._amd_6.66.html
> >
> > Secondly, it is now going to blue screen of death at the same point as
> > before, no more auto re-booting... "a problem has been detected...disable
> > your anti-virus, bckup utilities etc....bla bla bla, Tech info:
> > ***STOP: 0x00000024 (and then about 4 more memory addresses....)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbWJlcmxpbg==?=

Well, all I could really find so far was this, but it relates to Windows
server 2003 and Itaniaum systems:

I know this system can run, you guys have suceeded, just gotta find the
reason for this stop error. Have installed the 6.67 drivers, and I am back to
the STOP 0x00000024 error again, but Windows did install correctly and fully
it seems.
It just won't boot into windows during the startup screen.
Thanks,
-C

> > Did you know that if you search the Microsoft web site for you error,
> > you will get many references to possible solutions. Just got to
> > www.microsoft.com and do a search on '0x00000024'
> >
> > It will give you several pages of information about what may be causing
> > this STOP code.
> >

> > Chamberlin wrote:
> > > Slight update, 2 things:
> > >
> > > the link above is incorrect should have linked this:
> > > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_..._amd_6.66.html
> > >
> > > Secondly, it is now going to blue screen of death at the same point as
> > > before, no more auto re-booting... "a problem has been detected...disable
> > > your anti-virus, bckup utilities etc....bla bla bla, Tech info:
> > > ***STOP: 0x00000024 (and then about 4 more memory addresses....)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbWJlcmxpbg==?=

Well, unbelieveably, I just found a driver that works here:

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=266

I am now fully installed, WinXP Pro x64 on a Raptor 36GB x2 SATA1 RAID 0
array, with another SATA1 RAID array (Hitaichi Deskstar 250 GB x2) formatting
NTFS through Windows Explorer as we speak. SO, there is hope.
When I installed the drivers above, during install I had to OK the install
of many drivers, since these are not WHQL approved. But they worked, and
that's the bottom line. Got lots more to install now, but at least I am in
business....

I got a garbled screen once it booted into the login screen, but I switched
my monitor output to a D-sub analog cable from DVI-D and got a nice welcomed
login screen. I guess I will get my DVI back when I install the 64bit nVida
drivers. Also, my PS2 keyboard does not work in x64!!! Luckiliy, I had a USB
one laying around! What's up with that?
Anyways Good luck, and thanks to all that helped. I will keep an eye out
here for a while, and alert of any other issues.
-C

Colin Nowell

Hi C,

That's excellent news! Glad you're up and running at last.

Not sure about the PS2 keyboard though? What type/manu is it?

I must admit I had no problem with a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse
when I first installed, even though it just installed them both as a
Logitech "compatible" in each case. The receiver was plugged into both of
the PS2 ports.

Then when Logitech released their Setpoint x64 drivers I got adventurous and
changed to my Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700 pair (again connected to the
PS2 sockets) and have had full functionality ever since... (even though
there is a strange "sidebyside" issue in event viewer when the machine
starts up - which Logitech knows about and is working on...)

Anyway, welcome to 64bit RAID computing!!

Colin

"Chamberlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, unbelieveably, I just found a driver that works here:
>
> http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=266
>
> I am now fully installed, WinXP Pro x64 on a Raptor 36GB x2 SATA1 RAID 0
> array, with another SATA1 RAID array (Hitaichi Deskstar 250 GB x2)
> formatting
> NTFS through Windows Explorer as we speak. SO, there is hope.
> When I installed the drivers above, during install I had to OK the install
> of many drivers, since these are not WHQL approved. But they worked, and
> that's the bottom line. Got lots more to install now, but at least I am in
> business....
>
> I got a garbled screen once it booted into the login screen, but I
> switched
> my monitor output to a D-sub analog cable from DVI-D and got a nice
> welcomed
> login screen. I guess I will get my DVI back when I install the 64bit
> nVida
> drivers. Also, my PS2 keyboard does not work in x64!!! Luckiliy, I had a
> USB
> one laying around! What's up with that?
> Anyways Good luck, and thanks to all that helped. I will keep an eye out
> here for a while, and alert of any other issues.
> -C

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks for the report back, Chamberlin. I just blogged it, by the way, so
folks who get their information that way may find it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64