Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DVD-RAM Under XP64

DVD-RAM Under XP64

Ash Ridley

Does anyone know if the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers for Windows XP work under
XP64 (or any alternative way of getting DVD-RAM working under XP64?)

(Having said that I cant even get the XP32 drivers to work under XP32 at the
moment)

NoNoBadDog!

"Ash Ridley" <(E-Mail Removed)-ridley.net> wrote in message
news:O7BA1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers for Windows XP work
> under
> XP64 (or any alternative way of getting DVD-RAM working under XP64?)
>
> (Having said that I cant even get the XP32 drivers to work under XP32 at
> the
> moment)

What does Panasonic have to say? I am assuming you have checked their
website, and have also sent them an inquiry via email.

Bobby

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Can't see anything specific for x64 so you probably need to email them:
http://panasonic.co.jp/psec/en/down/
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Ash Ridley" <(E-Mail Removed)-ridley.net> wrote in message
news:O7BA1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers for Windows XP work
> under
> XP64 (or any alternative way of getting DVD-RAM working under XP64?)
>
> (Having said that I cant even get the XP32 drivers to work under XP32 at
> the
> moment)

Ken

"Ash Ridley" <(E-Mail Removed)-ridley.net> wrote in
news:O7BA1#(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know if the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers for Windows XP work
> under XP64 (or any alternative way of getting DVD-RAM working under
> XP64?)
>
> (Having said that I cant even get the XP32 drivers to work under XP32
> at the moment)

You don't need special drivers for XP 32 or 64 bit. I have a Mashita 9585
(Panasonic) DVD-RAM drive and it works natively.
Ken

Ash Ridley

Well I emailed them and this is the reply I got:

It will be able to use it with FAT32?
Our UDF Driver is OS outside the support.
It doesn't say to the corresponding model though Driver of Drive
since SW-9571 of the LF-D500 [I have no idea what these number are, my drive
is an LF-D101)
corresponding will be opened to the public soon.

"Ash Ridley" <(E-Mail Removed)-ridley.net> wrote in message
news:O7BA1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers for Windows XP work

under
> XP64 (or any alternative way of getting DVD-RAM working under XP64?)
>
> (Having said that I cant even get the XP32 drivers to work under XP32 at

the
> moment)

Piers James

translation please!?!?!?!?!?!

"Ash Ridley" <(E-Mail Removed)-ridley.net> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well I emailed them and this is the reply I got:
>
> It will be able to use it with FAT32?
> Our UDF Driver is OS outside the support.
> It doesn't say to the corresponding model though Driver of Drive
> since SW-9571 of the LF-D500 [I have no idea what these number are, my
> drive
> is an LF-D101)
> corresponding will be opened to the public soon.

SNIP