Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > RE: shutdown hangs in XP64

RE: shutdown hangs in XP64

=?Utf-8?B?Wm9mbzYx?=

I just developed this problem also on initial install, but only after the
windows updates and avast install. I am running a Giga-byte GA-K8NSC-939 mobo
with AMD64 3000+. The screen either hangs up on blue shutdown screen or if it
indeed does shutdown the monitor will turn off but the tower stayes powered
up. Had to unplug to kill the tower. I am assuming that its a bios thing as
there are two updates that have yet to be flashed(only got system up on Mon
9-5). I am going to contact mobo OEM to get their input but anybody else feel
free to give yours. Planet AMD64 has many posting of this anomoly on various
mobo's but no sure fire remedies. Seems to be an issue for too many to be a
fluke.