Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Palm Desktop for x64

Palm Desktop for x64

Tim

I would like to use Palm Desktop in Win XP x64, but the Palm download site
says it will not run in x64 version. Anybody have a workaround? I use it to
sync with many Palm PDAs and really use the program. I always can boot to
x32, but that is tedious and gets to be a pain....
Thanks,
Tim

Andre Da Costa

No workaround available, its in the palms of Palm.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to use Palm Desktop in Win XP x64, but the Palm download site
>says it will not run in x64 version. Anybody have a workaround? I use it to
>sync with many Palm PDAs and really use the program. I always can boot to
>x32, but that is tedious and gets to be a pain....
> Thanks,
> Tim

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:02:53 -0700, "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>No workaround available, its in the palms of Palm.

Yes. Harass them. I am e-mailing them once a month,
asking if there is any hope on x64-support.
The more people ask, the better chance we'll get it.

jud

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I have a ViewSonic v37 Pocket PC, so need to bother them.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:02:53 -0700, "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>No workaround available, its in the palms of Palm.

> Yes. Harass them. I am e-mailing them once a month,
> asking if there is any hope on x64-support.
> The more people ask, the better chance we'll get it.
>
> jud

Tim

Yeah, my Dell Axim PC works fine in x64, also. It would seem that Palm
could easily write the necessary code to make their Palms work in the x64
OS, no???
Thanks, Tim

news:%2327$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a ViewSonic v37 Pocket PC, so need to bother them.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:02:53 -0700, "Andre Da Costa"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>No workaround available, its in the palms of Palm.

>> Yes. Harass them. I am e-mailing them once a month,
>> asking if there is any hope on x64-support.
>> The more people ask, the better chance we'll get it.
>>
>> jud

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:42:47 -0400, "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It would seem that Palm
>could easily write the necessary code to make their Palms work in the x64
>OS, no???

That seems to be a tremendous problem though I just have the feeling the
Palm-market seems to be fading out, so I don't see it happen, but I hope I
am wrong.

jud

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

"Tim" wrote:

> I would like to use Palm Desktop in Win XP x64, but the Palm download site
> says it will not run in x64 version. Anybody have a workaround? I use it to
> sync with many Palm PDAs and really use the program. I always can boot to
> x32, but that is tedious and gets to be a pain....
> Thanks,
> Tim

I got the following from another group. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

----------------------------------
I've got HotSync working fine now, bought a cheap USB>Bluetooth adapter and
use that to sync, as there's no x64 USB driver for Palm.

I get that install problem with a lot of programs, here's how I get around it:

Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

Scroll down to Windows Installer, double click it. Select the text in the
"Path to Executible" field (Probably: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /V)

Click Start>Run. Enter Regedit, click ok.

Click Edit>Find...

Paste in the text from the Services panel.

When you get to that entry in your registry, change the location to:
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V

Close regedit. Go back to the Services pane, reopen Windows Installer. It
should now show the new location. Stop and restart the service.

Now install from the Palm CD, all should be well. The next time you get this
problem, go back through the same procedure but change the location back to
the old one (C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe /V)

Seems to work almost every time.

WXP-x64 + Palm Tigre.Cachon Windows 64bit 3 05-10-2009 10:54 PM
Problem accessing my Palm (M105) desktop on my PC Alasdair Computer Support 0 11-22-2006 12:46 AM
Palm & x64 Jud Hendrix Windows 64bit 5 06-03-2005 08:28 PM
PocketPC: Palm: Outlook Palm to WinMobile conversion RoqueJa Computer Support 0 05-22-2005 01:53 AM

Advertisments