Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AMD 64bit 10 times faster then 32bit

AMD 64bit 10 times faster then 32bit

yyoru

Hi All,
My testcpumath updated with both 64bit & 32bit compiled versions.
Links are here;

http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpumath.html

boost up your code with gcc options;
http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpucomp.html

http://www.yyoru.com/

Above links you will see correct compilation may
boost your code ten times.

Thanx to all who also posted their results.
YILMAZ YORU

--
yyoru
yyoru's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=936

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=

You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit compiler
available?

"yyoru" wrote:

> Hi All,
> My testcpumath updated with both 64bit & 32bit compiled versions.
> Links are here;
>
> http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpumath.html
>
> boost up your code with gcc options;
> http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpucomp.html
>
> http://www.yyoru.com/
>
> Above links you will see correct compilation may
> boost your code ten times.
>
> Thanx to all who also posted their results.
> YILMAZ YORU
>

> --
> yyoru
> yyoru's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=936
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8046

Bo Persson

"Ernst" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit
> compiler
> available?

The same compiler is also available for Windows.

He has just showed that a 64 bit processor running Linux is faster
than an old 32 bit processor running Windows.

Not much to base an OS selection on.

Bo Persson

> "yyoru" wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>> My testcpumath updated with both 64bit & 32bit compiled versions.
>> Links are here;
>>
>> http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpumath.html
>>
>> boost up your code with gcc options;
>> http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpucomp.html
>>
>> http://www.yyoru.com/
>>
>> Above links you will see correct compilation may
>> boost your code ten times.
>>
>> Thanx to all who also posted their results.
>> YILMAZ YORU
>>

>> --
>> yyoru
>> yyoru's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=936
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8046

Mark Gillespie

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:10:38 +0100, Bo Persson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Ernst" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit
>> compiler
>> available?

> The same compiler is also available for Windows.
>
> He has just showed that a 64 bit processor running Linux is faster
> than an old 32 bit processor running Windows.
>

> Not much to base an OS selection on.
>

> Bo Persson

It's also unrepresentitive of how real world applications behave...

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=

sorry, but there is no gcc for x64:
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html

"Bo Persson" wrote:

> "Ernst" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You suggest we should switch to Linux because there is a free 64bit
> > compiler
> > available?

> The same compiler is also available for Windows.
>
> He has just showed that a 64 bit processor running Linux is faster
> than an old 32 bit processor running Windows.
>

> Not much to base an OS selection on.
>

> Bo Persson
>

> > "yyoru" wrote:
> >

> >> Hi All,
> >> My testcpumath updated with both 64bit & 32bit compiled versions.
> >> Links are here;
> >>
> >> http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpumath.html
> >>
> >> boost up your code with gcc options;
> >> http://www.yyoru.com/progs/testcpucomp.html
> >>
> >> http://www.yyoru.com/
> >>
> >> Above links you will see correct compilation may
> >> boost your code ten times.
> >>
> >> Thanx to all who also posted their results.
> >> YILMAZ YORU
> >>

> >> --
> >> yyoru
> >> yyoru's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=936
> >> View this thread:
> >> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8046

John Smith

> sorry, but there is no gcc for x64:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html

Yes there is (from the above page):

x86_64-*-*, amd64-*-*
GCC supports the x86-64 architecture implemented by the AMD64 processor
(amd64-*-* is an alias for x86_64-*-*) on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD.

-- John