Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Screen lockups

Screen lockups

=?Utf-8?B?dGhlcGNkb2N0b3I=?=

I have a persistent problem with the screen freezing necessitating a reboot.
It can happen randomly when I'm doing anything, but most obvious when I try
and start games/ applications. These just hang. I have run out of ideas what
it could be. I have reformatted hard drive 3 times to try and fix this, but
problem occurs with only OS, motherboard Nvidia nforce 4 drivers and graphics
drivers installed. I've updated all drivers, graphics, motherboard as well
as Bios. I've replaced the power supply and hard drive is also new. CPU is
not overheating. Could it be a flacky electical connection in the case, or
faulty optical mouse?
Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions to help? This is driving me crazy!

AMD 64 3200 Venice
K8N Neo4 F MoBo
Gecube ATi X800XL 256 video
2 X Corsair 512 RAM
450 watt power supply
Win XP SP2

Larry

Try posting your question on the winxp board. This fprum id for Win xp 64
bit OS.

tks

"thepcdoctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a persistent problem with the screen freezing necessitating a
>reboot.
> It can happen randomly when I'm doing anything, but most obvious when I
> try
> and start games/ applications. These just hang. I have run out of ideas
> what
> it could be. I have reformatted hard drive 3 times to try and fix this,
> but
> problem occurs with only OS, motherboard Nvidia nforce 4 drivers and
> graphics
> drivers installed. I've updated all drivers, graphics, motherboard as
> well
> as Bios. I've replaced the power supply and hard drive is also new. CPU is
> not overheating. Could it be a flacky electical connection in the case, or
> faulty optical mouse?
> Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions to help? This is driving me crazy!
>
> AMD 64 3200 Venice
> K8N Neo4 F MoBo
> Gecube ATi X800XL 256 video
> 2 X Corsair 512 RAM
> 450 watt power supply
> Win XP SP2

=?Utf-8?B?dGhlcGNkb2N0b3I=?=

Thanks...should read headers more carefully. Thought it was for 64bit
processor.

"Larry" wrote:

> Try posting your question on the winxp board. This fprum id for Win xp 64
> bit OS.
>
> tks
>
> "thepcdoctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a persistent problem with the screen freezing necessitating a
> >reboot.
> > It can happen randomly when I'm doing anything, but most obvious when I
> > try
> > and start games/ applications. These just hang. I have run out of ideas
> > what
> > it could be. I have reformatted hard drive 3 times to try and fix this,
> > but
> > problem occurs with only OS, motherboard Nvidia nforce 4 drivers and
> > graphics
> > drivers installed. I've updated all drivers, graphics, motherboard as
> > well
> > as Bios. I've replaced the power supply and hard drive is also new. CPU is
> > not overheating. Could it be a flacky electical connection in the case, or
> > faulty optical mouse?
> > Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions to help? This is driving me crazy!
> >
> > AMD 64 3200 Venice
> > K8N Neo4 F MoBo
> > Gecube ATi X800XL 256 video
> > 2 X Corsair 512 RAM
> > 450 watt power supply
> > Win XP SP2

Andre Da Costa

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general would be good start.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"thepcdoctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks...should read headers more carefully. Thought it was for 64bit
> processor.
>
> "Larry" wrote:
>
>> Try posting your question on the winxp board. This fprum id for Win xp 64
>> bit OS.
>>
>> tks
>>
>> "thepcdoctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have a persistent problem with the screen freezing necessitating a
>> >reboot.
>> > It can happen randomly when I'm doing anything, but most obvious when I
>> > try
>> > and start games/ applications. These just hang. I have run out of ideas
>> > what
>> > it could be. I have reformatted hard drive 3 times to try and fix this,
>> > but
>> > problem occurs with only OS, motherboard Nvidia nforce 4 drivers and
>> > graphics
>> > drivers installed. I've updated all drivers, graphics, motherboard as
>> > well
>> > as Bios. I've replaced the power supply and hard drive is also new. CPU
>> > is
>> > not overheating. Could it be a flacky electical connection in the case,
>> > or
>> > faulty optical mouse?
>> > Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions to help? This is driving me
>> > crazy!
>> >
>> > AMD 64 3200 Venice
>> > K8N Neo4 F MoBo
>> > Gecube ATi X800XL 256 video
>> > 2 X Corsair 512 RAM
>> > 450 watt power supply
>> > Win XP SP2

Steve Thompson

thepcdoctor wrote:
> I have a persistent problem with the screen freezing necessitating a reboot.
> It can happen randomly when I'm doing anything, but most obvious when I try
> and start games/ applications. These just hang. I have run out of ideas what
> it could be. I have reformatted hard drive 3 times to try and fix this, but
> problem occurs with only OS, motherboard Nvidia nforce 4 drivers and graphics
> drivers installed. I've updated all drivers, graphics, motherboard as well
> as Bios. I've replaced the power supply and hard drive is also new. CPU is
> not overheating. Could it be a flacky electical connection in the case, or
> faulty optical mouse?
> Does anyone have any ideas/ suggestions to help? This is driving me crazy!
>
> AMD 64 3200 Venice
> K8N Neo4 F MoBo
> Gecube ATi X800XL 256 video
> 2 X Corsair 512 RAM