Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > MSN Desktop Search on x64

MSN Desktop Search on x64

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=

Dear Microsoft,
why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)

Please support your own OS!

Sam Crawford

Ernst wrote:
> Dear Microsoft,
> why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
> I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)
>
> Please support your own OS!

Yahoo Desktop Search and Copernic seem to work fine with XP x64.

Andre Da Costa

Yes, a lot of persons find this strange, maybe you can drop a gram in the
microsoft.public.msn.search about it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
"Ernst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Microsoft,
> why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
> I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)
>
> Please support your own OS!

William Walker

"Ernst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Microsoft,
> why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
> I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)
>
> Please support your own OS!

It relies on the 32 bit explorer extensions before it can run. It won't be
before next year before there is better support for x64

William Walker

=?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=

Thank you for the information.
But why is there no "better" support for x64? Is it still beta? Is there a
new release in 2006?

I have asked Google if they can be faster.
Ernst

"William Walker" wrote:

> "Ernst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dear Microsoft,
> > why is XP X64 not supported by msn desktop search?
> > I have asked Google the same question. ( of course Google DS)
> >
> > Please support your own OS!

> It relies on the 32 bit explorer extensions before it can run. It won't be
> before next year before there is better support for x64
>
> William Walker

Andre Da Costa

It really is strange, most of these company's are basing their support on
demand, if they don't see a strong enough demand for their products on x64
they don't develop drivers. Hopefully with the next version of Windows,
Vista, company's will automatically create a universal native version of all
their software for both x64 and x86.