Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > media Player 10

media Player 10

=?Utf-8?B?am9yb21v?=

Sorry Charlie, Not sure I "claimed" anything really. I am not the sharpest
guy to ever own a computer. I have been tearing down old computers and trying
to rebuild them for several years, learning from scratch (and doing a lot of
scratching). I think it may be drivers also but I do not know how to fix the
problem. .....Look bro. If I am not up to anyones level or worthy of
assistence from anyone here I will stop asking. I have spent many days and
many more hours trying to figuire this out myself by reading every thing I
can find. I did not Post a question here untill I had spent many long days
searching. I did not want to ask anyone here to help me before I tried
myself.
Of the hundreds of Q&A I have read, I found many that seemed simple to
solve in my little experience but to those who asked, spending many hours of
searching for the answers themselves or not they were stumped. Most of them
were politely answered by those who cared to help. Sometimes they were told
it had been answered many times already so "just go back and look it up".
I MAY BE IGNORANT AND STUPID BUT I AM TRYING TO LEARN SOMETHING HERE. To
those who were kind enough to suggest ideas, I thank you. Good, bad or wrong
it is helpful to us all. IT MAKES ALL WHO READ IT THINK. THINKING SOLVES ALL
PROBLEMS AND CHALLANGES. if we apply the ideas, right or wrong we eventually
make it work........thankyou.
This time I guess I should reinstall and hope i do not have the same
problem....Ignorance is not bliss in this area, it is just
frustraiting....But, "NEVER SAY DIE".,

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> No, MP10 is compatible, it's just that it's part of the OS, and thus can't
> be installed. It's already there!
>
> His problem is almost certainly audio drivers, but since he claims that
> can't be it, we can't help him. He needs to test at the most basic level --
> does he get windows startup sound, for example? And then work through the
> issues.
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Rick wrote:
> > Since MP 10 is a 32-bit program and Microsoft does not list x64 as an
> > applicable program, Joromo's problem is that MP 10 is not x64 compatible.
> >
> > Andre Da Costa wrote:
> >> I think Joromo is having some unknown codec issues.

=?Utf-8?B?am9yb21v?=

PS, NO SOUND, VIDEO, or STREAMING anytime from anywhere. Did I accidently
deleate or fail to install the drivers when I installed the OS?

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> No, MP10 is compatible, it's just that it's part of the OS, and thus can't
> be installed. It's already there!
>
> His problem is almost certainly audio drivers, but since he claims that
> can't be it, we can't help him. He needs to test at the most basic level --
> does he get windows startup sound, for example? And then work through the
> issues.
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Rick wrote:
> > Since MP 10 is a 32-bit program and Microsoft does not list x64 as an
> > applicable program, Joromo's problem is that MP 10 is not x64 compatible.
> >
> > Andre Da Costa wrote:
> >> I think Joromo is having some unknown codec issues.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Good, now we know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with Media
Player, as I and others suspected.

So, no sound. Let's start with what brand of computer or motherboard are we
dealing with, and are you using its built in sound card, or are you using an
add in sound card. If add in, which one? If not add in, but built in, do you
know which chipset your sound uses?

Good, now that we know that, we can point you at the necessary drivers, if
they exist. They probably aren't included with the base OS, and therefore
you didn't get them installed.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

joromo wrote:
> PS, NO SOUND, VIDEO, or STREAMING anytime from anywhere. Did I accidently
> deleate or fail to install the drivers when I installed the OS?
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> No, MP10 is compatible, it's just that it's part of the OS, and thus
>> can't be installed. It's already there!
>>
>> His problem is almost certainly audio drivers, but since he claims that
>> can't be it, we can't help him. He needs to test at the most basic level
>> -- does he get windows startup sound, for example? And then work through
>> the issues.
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Rick wrote:
>>> Since MP 10 is a 32-bit program and Microsoft does not list x64 as an
>>> applicable program, Joromo's problem is that MP 10 is not x64
>>> compatible.

Charlie Russel - MVP

no, it doesn't require shouting here. But it does require that we all keep
the messages to the point and listen. Now, I see from your second message
that we're actually narrowing down the problem. Good.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

joromo wrote:
> Sorry Charlie, Not sure I "claimed" anything really. I am not the sharpest
> guy to ever own a computer. I have been tearing down old computers and
> trying to rebuild them for several years, learning from scratch (and
> doing a lot of scratching). I think it may be drivers also but I do not
> know how to fix the problem. .....Look bro. If I am not up to anyones
> level or worthy of assistence from anyone here I will stop asking. I
> have spent many days and many more hours trying to figuire this out
> myself by reading every thing I can find. I did not Post a question here
> untill I had spent many long days searching. I did not want to ask anyone
> here to help me before I tried myself.
> Of the hundreds of Q&A I have read, I found many that seemed simple to
> solve in my little experience but to those who asked, spending many hours
> of searching for the answers themselves or not they were stumped. Most of
> them were politely answered by those who cared to help. Sometimes they
> were told it had been answered many times already so "just go back and
> look it up".
> I MAY BE IGNORANT AND STUPID BUT I AM TRYING TO LEARN SOMETHING HERE. To
> those who were kind enough to suggest ideas, I thank you. Good, bad or
> wrong it is helpful to us all. IT MAKES ALL WHO READ IT THINK. THINKING
> SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS AND CHALLANGES. if we apply the ideas, right or wrong
> we eventually make it work........thankyou.
> This time I guess I should reinstall and hope i do not have the same
> problem....Ignorance is not bliss in this area, it is just
> frustraiting....But, "NEVER SAY DIE".,
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> No, MP10 is compatible, it's just that it's part of the OS, and thus
>> can't be installed. It's already there!
>>
>> His problem is almost certainly audio drivers, but since he claims that
>> can't be it, we can't help him. He needs to test at the most basic level
>> -- does he get windows startup sound, for example? And then work through
>> the issues.
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Rick wrote:
>>> Since MP 10 is a 32-bit program and Microsoft does not list x64 as an
>>> applicable program, Joromo's problem is that MP 10 is not x64
>>> compatible.

John Barnes

The sound drivers should be on your MOBO CD and there is probably a newer
version on the motherboard site if they are for the built in sound and on
the soundcard site if they are Creative.

"joromo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PS, NO SOUND, VIDEO, or STREAMING anytime from anywhere. Did I accidently
> deleate or fail to install the drivers when I installed the OS?
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> No, MP10 is compatible, it's just that it's part of the OS, and thus
>> can't
>> be installed. It's already there!
>>
>> His problem is almost certainly audio drivers, but since he claims that
>> can't be it, we can't help him. He needs to test at the most basic
>> level --
>> does he get windows startup sound, for example? And then work through the
>> issues.
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Rick wrote:
>> > Since MP 10 is a 32-bit program and Microsoft does not list x64 as an
>> > applicable program, Joromo's problem is that MP 10 is not x64
>> > compatible.

=?Utf-8?B?am9yb21v?=

I guess the onboard sound card did not work or I did not set it up correctly.
I tried to install my old Creative SBLive5.1 but there was a problem with the
install or the correct drivers for x64, if they exist.
I am greatful for all consiteration and help, the time given by all of
you for your help, john (joromo)

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Good, now we know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with Media
> Player, as I and others suspected.
>
> So, no sound. Let's start with what brand of computer or motherboard are we
> dealing with, and are you using its built in sound card, or are you using an
> add in sound card. If add in, which one? If not add in, but built in, do you
> know which chipset your sound uses?
>
> Good, now that we know that, we can point you at the necessary drivers, if
> they exist. They probably aren't included with the base OS, and therefore
> you didn't get them installed.
>

> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> joromo wrote:
> > PS, NO SOUND, VIDEO, or STREAMING anytime from anywhere. Did I accidently
> > deleate or fail to install the drivers when I installed the OS?
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> No, MP10 is compatible, it's just that it's part of the OS, and thus
> >> can't be installed. It's already there!
> >>
> >> His problem is almost certainly audio drivers, but since he claims that
> >> can't be it, we can't help him. He needs to test at the most basic level
> >> -- does he get windows startup sound, for example? And then work through
> >> the issues.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

which mobo are we dealing with here?

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

joromo wrote:
> I guess the onboard sound card did not work or I did not set it up
> correctly. I tried to install my old Creative SBLive5.1 but there was a
> problem with the install or the correct drivers for x64, if they exist.
> I am greatful for all consiteration and help, the time given by all of
> you for your help, john (joromo)
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Good, now we know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with Media
>> Player, as I and others suspected.
>>
>> So, no sound. Let's start with what brand of computer or motherboard are
>> we dealing with, and are you using its built in sound card, or are you
>> using an add in sound card. If add in, which one? If not add in, but
>> built in, do you know which chipset your sound uses?
>>
>> Good, now that we know that, we can point you at the necessary drivers,
>> if they exist. They probably aren't included with the base OS, and
>> therefore you didn't get them installed.
>>

>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> joromo wrote:
>>> PS, NO SOUND, VIDEO, or STREAMING anytime from anywhere. Did I
>>> accidently deleate or fail to install the drivers when I installed the
>>> OS?

=?Utf-8?B?am9yb21v?=

Sorry, I gave whole system in an earlier post trying to deal with this, I
should have said here:
A8N-SLI DELUXE

john

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> which mobo are we dealing with here?
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> joromo wrote:
> > I guess the onboard sound card did not work or I did not set it up
> > correctly. I tried to install my old Creative SBLive5.1 but there was a
> > problem with the install or the correct drivers for x64, if they exist.
> > I am greatful for all consiteration and help, the time given by all of
> > you for your help, john (joromo)
> >
> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Good, now we know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with Media
> >> Player, as I and others suspected.
> >>
> >> So, no sound. Let's start with what brand of computer or motherboard are
> >> we dealing with, and are you using its built in sound card, or are you
> >> using an add in sound card. If add in, which one? If not add in, but
> >> built in, do you know which chipset your sound uses?
> >>
> >> Good, now that we know that, we can point you at the necessary drivers,
> >> if they exist. They probably aren't included with the base OS, and
> >> therefore you didn't get them installed.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

John Barnes

Hi Charlie - have you noticed how many problems happen on the ASUS A8N-SLI
series?

news:%23ciF%(E-Mail Removed)...
> which mobo are we dealing with here?
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> joromo wrote:
>> I guess the onboard sound card did not work or I did not set it up
>> correctly. I tried to install my old Creative SBLive5.1 but there was a
>> problem with the install or the correct drivers for x64, if they exist.
>> I am greatful for all consiteration and help, the time given by all of
>> you for your help, john (joromo)
>>
>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> Good, now we know what the problem is. It has nothing to do with Media
>>> Player, as I and others suspected.
>>>
>>> So, no sound. Let's start with what brand of computer or motherboard are
>>> we dealing with, and are you using its built in sound card, or are you
>>> using an add in sound card. If add in, which one? If not add in, but
>>> built in, do you know which chipset your sound uses?
>>>
>>> Good, now that we know that, we can point you at the necessary drivers,
>>> if they exist. They probably aren't included with the base OS, and
>>> therefore you didn't get them installed.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

yes, I have. Makes me really glad I'm on the A8V.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64