Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > system restore in 64 bit

system restore in 64 bit

Kue2

what do I type in the (command window) to bring up system restore.
under accessories,system tools no system restore.?????

--
Hugh

Dominic Payer

From the Help and Support Center: (Note: Registry First Aid may have damaged
your menu structure)

You must be a member of the administrator group on your computer to access
the System Restore Wizard or change System Restore settings.

If you are an administrator and you cannot access System Restore Wizard or
view System Restore settings, your domain administrator might have turned
off System Restore by using system Group Policy. Contact your domain
administrator for more information.

There are three methods that you can use to access System Restore
functionality.

a.. You can access the System Restore Wizard through the Start menu. To
access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, point to All Programs, point
to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.
b.. You can access System Restore through Control Panel. To open the
System Restore Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, and then
double-click System. Click the System Restore tab, and then click Learn more
about System Restore. In Help and Support, click Performance and
Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run
the System Restore Wizard.
c.. You can access System Restore through Help and Support Center. To
access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and
Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to
undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.

John Barnes

Whatever your drive letter is \system32\restore\rstrui.exe
or %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what do I type in the (command window) to bring up system restore.
> under accessories,system tools no system restore.?????
>
> --
> Hugh

Kue2

I can only access system restore from the help support center. First two u
listed are (not) there on my menu.
what is the command to bring up system restore in the command window? where
is the file located that brings up the restore wizard. If I can find that I
can put it back in system tools (a shortcut at least.)
Thanks
"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From the Help and Support Center: (Note: Registry First Aid may have
> damaged your menu structure)
>
> You must be a member of the administrator group on your computer to access
> the System Restore Wizard or change System Restore settings.
>
> If you are an administrator and you cannot access System Restore Wizard or
> view System Restore settings, your domain administrator might have turned
> off System Restore by using system Group Policy. Contact your domain
> administrator for more information.
>
> There are three methods that you can use to access System Restore
> functionality.
>
> a.. You can access the System Restore Wizard through the Start menu. To
> access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, point to All Programs,
> point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System
> Restore.
> b.. You can access System Restore through Control Panel. To open the
> System Restore Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, and then
> double-click System. Click the System Restore tab, and then click Learn
> more about System Restore. In Help and Support, click Performance and
> Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click
> Run the System Restore Wizard.
> c.. You can access System Restore through Help and Support Center. To
> access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and
> Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to
> undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.

Kue2

Thank-you John worked great!!
news:(E-Mail Removed)...